Eureka Entertainment to release ‘The Spy Who Came In From The Cold’; Martin Ritt’s sharp espionage thriller set in Cold War-era East Germany, starring Richard Burton; on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK as part of The Masters of Cinema Series from 17th May 2021. The first print run of 2000 copies will feature a Limited-Edition O-card Slipcase.
The acclaimed, best-selling novel by John le Carré, about a Cold War spy on one final dangerous mission in East Germany, is transmuted by director Martin Ritt (‘Hud’, ‘Norma Rae’) into a film every bit as precise and ruthless as the book.
Academy Award-nominated Richard Burton (‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf’, ‘Becket’, ‘1984’) is superb as Alec Leamas, whose relationship with the beautiful librarian Nan, played by Claire Bloom (‘Hamlet’, ‘A Streetcar Named Desire’), puts his assignment in jeopardy.
Winner of 4 BAFTA Awards (including Best British Film) ‘The Spy Who Came in from the Cold’ is a hard-edged and tragic thriller, suffused with the political and social consciousness that defined Ritt’s career. The Masters of Cinema Series is proud to present the film on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK.
‘The Spy Who Came In From The Cold’, an ice-cold espionage thriller starring Richard Burton, is OUT NOW on Blu-ray and can be purchased here https://amzn.to/38lt7rv
We’ve got 3 copies of ‘The Spy Who Came In From The Cold’ to give away. Enter below for a chance to win…
This competition closes at 23:59 GMT on Thursday 20th May 2021.
Please note that due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, prizes will take longer than normal to be sent out.
Terms & Conditions
- The competition is open to all UK residents over the age of 13.
- Winners will be selected at random.
- By entering into the competition all entrants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.
- Entertainment Focus does not allow collective or proxy entries.
- Entertainment Focus reserves the right to change or withdraw this competition without notice.
- Entertainment Focus will not pass your details to any third parties and they will be used solely for communication regarding this competition.
- Winners will be notified via email or social media and prizes must be claimed within 5 working days.
- The supplier may change the prize offered without warning.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Entertainment Focus’ decision is final – no correspondence will be entered into.