Beck is back! Nordic Noir & Beyond is thrilled to announce the DVD Box Set release of the popular detective drama Beck – The Series Volume Two on Monday 10th October 2016.
The absorbing Swedish detective series will return to BBC Four at 9pm on Saturday 10th September with four brand new episodes. Starting on Sunday 11th September, each of the four episodes will be available to buy digitally from iTunes, BT and other digital platforms the day after being aired on BBC Four.
Detective Martin Beck, played by Peter Haber (The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo) and his team investigate four suspenseful cases that blur the lines between the team’s professional and private lives.
Next to a murdered journalist and police officer, Beck has to deal with personnel changes. Police supervisor Klas Fredén (Jonas Karlsson) decides to go over Beck’s head and to recruit charismatic, Norwegian homicide investigator, Steinar Hovland (Game of Thrones’ Kristofer Hivjul).
Based on the characters of the hugely popular Martin Beck detective novels by Swedish husband-and-wife writers Maj Sjöwall and Per Wahlöö, “Beck – The Series” once again sees the much-loved detective brought to life on the small screen.
Featuring the thrilling combination of complex woven details of police procedure and beautifully realised characters, the award-winning series continues to grow from strength to strength with a dedicated and passionate cult following.
To celebrate the release we have 3 copies on DVD to give away to our readers. All you need to do to be in with a chance of winning is answer the simple question below:
The competition closes at 23.59 (GMT) on Monday 17th October 2016.
Terms & conditions
- The competition is open to all UK residents over the age of 15
- Winners will be selected at random.
- By entering into the competition all entrants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.
- All information provided by the entrant must be accurate and proof of age may be requested.
- Entertainment Focus does not allow collective or proxy entries.
- Entertainment Focus reserves the right to change or withdraw this competition without notice.
- Entertainment Focus will not pass your details to any third parties and will be used solely for communication regarding this competition.
- Winners will be notified via email or phone (or where applicable) social media (depending on the type of competition) and prizes must be claimed within 5 working days.
- In the unlikely event the prize style has discontinued a similar model to the same value will be provided.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Entertainment Focus’ decision is final – no correspondence will be entered into.