Devious Maids aired its season 3 finale last night in the UK and it definitely ended with a bang.
If you haven’t seen the season 3 finale of Devious Maids and don’t want any spoilers we suggest you stop reading now. If you have seen it and want to hear our thoughts on the next season keep reading.
It was revealed that Sebastien (Gilles Marini) was the person who murdered both Louie Becker (Eddie Mills) and Blanca (Naya Rivera). Marisol (Ana Ortiz) put the pieces together and discovered that Taylor (Brianna Brown) had a brief affair with Sebastien who was paid to seduce her by Olivia (Valerie Mahaffey). Louie had been sent by Michael (Brett Cullen) to catch Taylor in the act and a violent confrontation with Sebastien ended with Louie being killed.
That murder awoke Sebastien’s murderous instincts and he killed Blanca when he feared she was getting too close to the truth. He’s staged her death as a suicide to try and convince people she’d killed Louie, using Evelyn (Rebecca Wisocky) as his alibi when he ‘discovered’ the body. Marisol’s quick thinking combined with Carmen’s (Roselyn Sanchez) convincing white lies, allowed them to distract Sebastien so Marisol could knock him out. The women then freed the Powells, who Sebastien had kept hostage too, but sadly Michael was killed by Sebastien.
As the episode drew to a close Marisol, Carmen and Evelyn made it out of the house just before it exploded. Adrian (Tom Irwin) was nowhere to be found and Sebastien was inside the house when it blew up. Is Adrian really dead?
Elsewhere in the episode Rosie (Dania Ramirez) learned the truth about what had happened to Spence (Grant Show) and was devastated when it was revealed he had memory loss and Peri (Mariana Klaveno) was back on the scene pretending to be his wife. Ernesto (Cristian de la Fuente) left town after Rosie found out the truth about his part in Spence’s attack but not before saying goodbye to his son. Zoila (Judy Reyes) experienced life-threatening difficulties while giving birth to her baby forcing Genevieve (Susan Lucci) to make a life or death decision. Taylor fled town with Katy (Grecia Merino) in tow to start a new life under fake names.
Devious Maids has already been confirmed for a fourth season in 2016 so we’ve put together the Top 10 things we want when the show returns.
1. Zoila and her baby to live. We’re not sure we could take it if Zoila and/or her baby died. After everything Zoila went through with Javier (Ivan Hernandez) this season, we think it’s time she had a little bit of happiness in her life. We’re worried that Genevieve will choose to save Zoila meaning the baby will die which will drive an even bigger wedge between the two women.
2. Adrian to be alive! When Mrs P. let out that guttural scream at the end of the episode, we feared that Adrian was killed in the explosion. We hope that wasn’t the case as Adrian and Evelyn together are one of the best things about Devious Maids and we can’t imagine the show without him.
3. Rosie to win Spence back. It’s going to be a long road and with Peri back on the scene it’s not going to be an easy battle. Rosie and Spence belong together and now that she’s seen Ernesto’s true colours, we hope that Rosie ups her game and fights to win back the love of her life.
4. Carmen to learn from her mistakes. How many times can Carmen act impulsively and not realise that her actions directly relate to the disasters she manages to get herself into. Whilst we don’t want the character to fundamentally change, we would be pleased to see her become a little more grounded and maybe even hunt down the baby she gave up for adoption years earlier.
5. Marisol to continue building her maid business. During the course of the third season Marisol helped every single one of her friends at one point or another. We hope that she’s still running her business in the next season and who knows maybe she could expand it to a detective agency too seeing as she’s proven herself to have a natural talent for sleuthing.
6. Valentina (Edy Ganem) and Remi (Drew Van Acker) to return. Both characters made a fleeting appearance this season before moving to New York but the show isn’t the same without them. We want both characters back next season and Valentina to get a really strong storyline.
7. Javier to reunite with Zoila. Our hearts broke when Javi left Zoila at the altar. We understand his reasons but he wasn’t exactly honest with her was he? The two will need each other more than ever if Zoila and the baby make it through their trauma.
8. Jesse (Nathan Owens) to come back. We know Marisol treated him pretty badly but it’s the first time we’ve truly seen her happy over the course of Devious Maids. The two had a real chemistry plus Jesse was pretty easy on the eye wasn’t he?
9. Zoila to be more integrated in the main storyline. In season 3 Zoila kind of skirted around the main killer storyline and didn’t really have much of a part to play in it. She’s one of the show’s best characters so any new mystery in season 4 should make sure she’s as swept up in it as the other maids.
10. Plenty of Genevieve. This one normally goes without saying but who doesn’t love Genevieve? She gets all of the best lines, is often effortlessly hilarious and has a great rapport with Zoila. If Devious Maids were to ever get cancelled we hope someone would give Genevieve her own spin-off show.
Devious Maids will return for a fourth season in 2016.