Game of Thrones season five finished tonight after setting up plenty of cliffhangers and unanswered questions for fans.
If you haven’t seen the final episode yet of Game of Thrones season five and want to avoid spoilers then please stop reading now. If you are up-to-date and want to relive the action, or just don’t mind spoilers, then please keep on reading.
Stannis Baratheon (Stephen Dillane) and his army were defeated by Ramsay Bolton (Iwan Rheon). Stannis looked to have survived but was then met by Brienne (Gwendoline Christie) who sentenced him to death. He’s presumed dead.
Sansa Stark (Sophie Turner) and Theon (Alfie Allen) jumped from the high walls of Winterfell. We presume they survived and managed to escape for now.
Myrcella Baratheon (Nell Tiger Free) left Dorne with Jaime Lannister (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) before succumbing to poison from Ellaria Sand (Indira Varma). She is presumed dead.
Arya Stark (Maisie Williams) struck another off her kill-list by stabbing Meryn Trant (Ian Beattie) in the eyes and slitting his throat. She was blinded at the House and Black and White as a punishment.
Grey Worm (Jacob Anderson) has been left in charge at Meereen with Missandei (Nathalie Emmanuel), Tyrion Lannister (Peter Dinklage) and Varys (Conleth Hill) to help.
Daario (Michiel Huisman) and Jorah (Iain Glenn) have gone in search of Dany (Emilia Clarke). She went missing with her dragon Drogon and found herself surrounded by Dothraki. Presumed to be in danger.
Cersei was forced to walk naked through the streets of King’s Landing to atone for her sins. She was left shamed and humiliated but is now back in the Red Keep.
The Mountain is back alive thanks to Qyburn but appears to be quite different.
Sam (John Bradley-West), Gilly (Hannah Murray) and the baby have left Castle Black with Sam hoping to become a Maester.
The Night’s Watch turned on Jon Snow (Kit Harrington), stabbed him and left him bleeding out. He is presumed dead. Melisandre (Carice van Houten)
Here’s our top 10 things we’d like to see in Game of Thrones Season 6:
- Something nice to happen to Sansa. Nothing ever seems to go right for Sansa so we’re hoping that might be about to change. It would be great to see her survive her escape from Winterfell with Theon and them reunite with Bran and/or Arya.
- Jon Snow and Stannis to survive. We didn’t see Stannis die so hope Brienne didn’t end the man. If he did survive maybe he can go back to Castle Black and Brienne could pursue Sansa. Jon Snow surviving is a long shot but Melisandre was at Castle Black and we know Red Witches can bring the dead back to life. Fingers crossed.
- Ramsay to die a horrible, painful death. That was our biggest wish for this season so we’re hoping he gets what is coming to him in season six.
- The return of Bran and Hodor. Two of our favourite characters didn’t make it into season five at all. We’re hoping to see them again next year. HODOR!
- Dany to finally cross the Narrow Sea. She’s spent too long in Meereen but is now possibly in danger with the Dothraki. Hopefully she can reunite with Jorah and Daario. We also expect to see her dragons grow even bigger next season.
- Cersei to go nuclear. She’s pissed and surely going to be out for blood. We want to see her destroy the Sparrows. She’ll be after Ellaria Sand as well if Myrcella doesn’t survive. It would be great to see The Mountain go on a massive rampage.
- Arya to finish her training and regain her sight. We presume her blindness will only be temporary for such a great character. If she completes her training she can surely head off and complete her kill-list.
- The Night’s King and his undead army to attack. The battle in episode 8 was incredible and we can’t wait to see more from the White Walkers. Surely their next target will the The Wall.
- Margaery to return and Tommen to grow up. Margaery was missed in the final couple of episodes and need to come back to spar with Cersei. Maybe she would be freed if the Sparrows are destroyed. Tommen needs to become stronger if he is to be a successful King.
- The return of The Hound. We didn’t actually see him die in season four and as much as we loved to hate him we also missed him a lot this season. Could he have survived?
Game of Thrones will return in 2016 for season six on HBO in the US and Sky Atlantic in the UK.