Eureka Entertainment to release ‘Karloff at Columbia’, six films comprising the entirety of the horror icon’s filmic output for Columbia Pictures. To be presented as a Limited-Edition Blu-ray [featuring an O-card Slipcase & Collector’s Booklet (3000 copies ONLY)] in their worldwide debut as a part of the Eureka Classics range from 3rd May 2021.
One of the most recognisable faces in horror, Boris Karloff (or simply ‘KARLOFF’, as he was often billed) has been described as “to the horror movie what Fred Astaire was to the musical”. Presented here are the six films he made for Columbia Pictures, a collaboration which produced some of Karloff’s finest acting roles.
In ‘The Black Room’, Karloff takes on a dual role as twin brothers in 19th century Europe. One of the twins inherits the family castle and suddenly the local women start disappearing…
‘The Man They Could Not Hang’, ‘The Man With Nine Lives’, ‘Before I Hang’, and ‘The Devil Commands’ form the “Mad Doctor” cycle, a thematically linked series of films where Karloff always plays a doctor whose obsessions inevitably lead them to murder!
And finally, ‘The Boogie Man Will Get You’ is a delightful parody of the “Mad Doctor” films, starring both Karloff and Peter Lorre.
Eureka Classics is proud to present all six films in their worldwide debut on Blu-ray, this release is also the first time they have been available on home video in the UK.
‘Karloff At Columbia’, a collection of essential films from horror icon, Boris Karloff, is released Monday 3rd May on Blu-ray and can be purchased at https://amzn.to/36VMsPt
To celebrate the release, we’ve got 2 copies on Blu-ray to give away. Enter below for a chance to win…
This competition closes at 23:59 GMT on Thursday 6th May 2021.
Please note that due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, prizes will take longer than normal to be sent out.
Terms & Conditions
- The competition is open to all UK residents over the age of 18.
- Winners will be selected at random.
- By entering into the competition all entrants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.
- Entertainment Focus does not allow collective or proxy entries.
- Entertainment Focus reserves the right to change or withdraw this competition without notice.
- Entertainment Focus will not pass your details to any third parties and they will be used solely for communication regarding this competition.
- Winners will be notified via email or social media and prizes must be claimed within 5 working days.
- The supplier may change the prize offered without warning.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Entertainment Focus’ decision is final – no correspondence will be entered into.