The terrifying true story of one man’s 17-day fight for survival in the Amazon rainforest is portrayed brilliantly by Daniel Radcliffe (The Harry Potter franchise, Imperium) in Jungle, on digital platforms and on Blu-ray and DVD now, courtesy of Signature Entertainment.
Young Israeli Yossi Ghinsberg (Radcliffe) leaves a safe future behind to chase an improbable dream in the mysterious depths of the Amazon rainforest. When he and two fellow adventurers, Kevin Gale (Alex Russell; Chronicle, Unbroken) and Marcus Stamm (Joel Jackson; TV’s The Wrong Girl), meet the charismatic Karl Ruchprecter (Thomas Kretschmann (The Avengers: Age of Ultron, Central Intelligence) and follow him into the jungle, what begins as the realisation of a dream soon turns into a harrowing psychological fight for survival.
Daniel Radcliffe gives a mesmerising and transformative performance as Ghinsberg, with the physical and mental ravages the star and his real-life counterpart experienced visible for all to see. Radcliffe is joined by Thomas Kretschmann as the magnetic yet sinister Ruchprecter, and Greg McLean (Wolf Creek, Rogue) directs, ratcheting up the tension to nightmarish levels as the jungle starts to take a horrifying hold.
Based on Ghinsberg’s own book, ‘Jungle: A Harrowing True Story Of Survival’, Jungle delivers a Radcliffe we’ve never seen before and a thriller like no other, not to mention a stark warning as to what lies in the dark depths of the Amazon for anyone planning to go off the beaten path…
To celebrate we’ve got three copies of Jungle on Blu-ray to give away!
This is a social media competition that requires a Twitter account.
To enter you need to Follow @EntFocusFilm on Twitter and RT (ReTweet) any of our tweets that mention this competition.
Entertainment Focus will be tweeting about the competition daily via our @EntFocusFilm account. So look out for our tweets and the more you RT the better your chances.
Here’s our first tweet to get you started:
— EF Film (@entfocusfilm) January 2, 2018
The competition closes at 23.59 (GMT) on Monday 8th January 2018.
- The competition is open to all UK residents over the age of 15.
- Winners will be selected at random.
- By entering into the competition all entrants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.
- Entertainment Focus does not allow collective or proxy entries.
- Entertainment Focus reserves the right to change or withdraw this competition without notice.
- Entertainment Focus will not pass your details to any third parties and they will be used solely for communication regarding this competition.
- Winners will be notified via Twitter and prizes must be claimed within 5 working days.
- In the unlikely event the prize style has discontinued a similar model to the same value will be provided.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Entertainment Focus’ decision is final – no correspondence will be entered into.