If you haven’t seen the final episode of Blindspot season one yet and want to avoid spoilers then please stop reading now. If you are up-to-date or just don’t mind spoilers, then please keep on reading.
The season one finale of Blindspot revealed that Jane (Jaimie Alexander) isn’t Taylor Shaw after all. Jane tried to do the right thing and bring Oscar in but ended up killing him. Weller (Sullivan Stapleton) was given Mayfair’s job and he eventually tracked Jane down and arrested her.
A second season for Blindspot has been confirmed and there are even hints at a season three. Here’s our top 10 wishes for the second season:
- Who is Jane Doe? After finding out that she isn’t Weller’s childhood friend, Taylor Shaw, this is the biggest mystery that we want to know the answer to. Apparently we’re going to learn a lot about Jane in the first episode of season two so it’s going to be interesting to find out more about her. The DNA clue indicated she might be from South Africa.
- What is Orion? Jane was told this season that Orion is where she died. Was this just a reference to her memory wipe? Is it the name of a secret experiment or place? Like Jane we’re desperate to know more.
- More information on Daylight. We learnt that it was a project involving the White House, CIA, NSA and FBI. Carter was prepared to kill Jane to stop the information getting out so it would be good to find out more on the secretive project.
- Jane to properly join the FBI. After playing both sides in season one she made an important choice in the season finale to stick with the FBI. Once the dust settles we’d love to see her become an official part of Weller’s team.
- Who is Shepard? We’ve not seen the character yet and don’t know much about him. What we do know is that he’s higher up than Oscar was and will probably be continuing their plans. It sounded like phase 2 could be to try and bring down the government.
- Patterson (Ashley Johnson), Zapata (Audrey Esparza) and Reade (Rob Brown) to return with less secrets, more teamwork. This season everyone had their own secrets. Next season we’d like to see the team come together and trust each other a lot more. The mix of characters is great and allows lots of different kinds of stories to be told. In particular we hope to see Patterson continue with her puzzle solving skills.
- Weller to forgive Jane. Once Weller calms down and talks to Jane he should understand things better. We’d like to see him forgive her and help unravel her past. We’d guess romance will be off the cards for a while.
- Allison Knight (Trieste Kelly Dunn) to return. Weller’s ex-girlfriend got in way of a Weller/Jane romance during the first season. We’d love to see her come back and cause more problems. She’d also fit well as a permanent member of the team.
- Ana Montes (Aimee Carrero) to return. Jane became friends with Ana, the 17-year-old hacker. Now they’ve helped each other out we’re sure that Ana could bring a lot to the show.
- Rich Dotcom (Ennis Esmer) back for more fun. He was one of the best and most fun characters in the show. The two episodes with him in were some of the best and really entertaining. We’d love to see him back for another episode next season.
What do you want to see from a second season of Blindspot? Let us know in the comments below!