It’s a little under two months until Banshee returns in the US for its third season.
If you haven’t seen season two of Banshee and don’t want any spoilers then we suggest you stop reading. If you do want to know all of the latest on season 3 then keep reading.
Banshee is without a doubt one of the best shows on TV at the moment and the show’s second season managed to exceed our expectations by upping the ante in every way. The season two finale saw Lucas (Antony Starr) and Ana (Ivana Milicevic) finally free from Rabbit (Ben Cross) after the evil gangster committed suicide.
Elsewhere in the episode Rebecca (Lili Simmons) killed Alex Longshadow (Anthony Ruivivar) which in turn freed Proctor (Ulrich Thomsen) from prison. Deva (Ryann Shane) revealed that she knew Lucas was her father and Chayton (Geno Segers) decided to return to Banshee, which can only mean trouble!
Ahead of the show’s return, we’ve rounded up all of the information we can find so you can prepare yourself for the show’s return. Keep reading to find out what’s been confirmed so far…
There are plenty of new cast members coming to Banshee for its third season and a couple of recurring characters from season two have been upgraded:
- Two cast members have been upped to regular status – Geno Segers as Chayton Littlestone and Afton Williamson as Assistant District Attorney Alison Medding
- Meaghan Rath will join the cast as Aimee King, the deputy in the corrupt Kinaho Reservation Police Department
- Chaske Spencer will play former deputy in the Banshee Sheriff’s Department, Billy Raven
- Tom Pelphrey will play a former skinhead who applies to be a deputy in Banshee’s Sheriff Department
- Langley Kirkwood will play Colonel Douglas Stowe, a former Green Beret who now runs an illegal business out of Banshee’s Camp Genoa
- Denis O’Hare (True Blood, American Horror Story) will guest star at some point in the season
8 of the 10 episodes have titles already. They are:
- 3.01 – The Fire Trials
- 3.02 – Snakes and Whatnot
- 3.03 – A Fixer of Sorts
- 3.04 – Real Life is the Nightmare
- 3.05 – Tribal
- 3.06 – Bury The Dead
- 3.07 – Breach
- 3.08 – All That History in One Moment
The details of the storylines for this season are well under wraps and all we’ve been able to find out is:
- The big bad of season 3 will be both Proctor and Chayton and they won’t necessarily like each other
- Lucas and Deputy Kelly’s relationship will continue to be explored
- Lucas and Ana have to learn to live life without the threat of Rabbit hanging over them
Plenty of teaser trailers have been released for the third season but as of yet no actual finished footage from the new season. Check out all of the character teasers below:
A handful of behind-the-scenes character featurettes have been released focusing on Rebecca, Lucas and Chayton and giving you a sneak peek at what’s to come:
A poster debuted exclusively on TVLine earlier this year which you can see below:
Banshee will return in the US to Cinemax on 9th January 2015. It is expected to follow later in 2015 on Sky Atlantic HD in the UK.