Since Devious Maids ended its second season we’ve been dying to know the aftermath of that shocking shooting.
If you haven’t seen the second season of Devious Maids and don’t want any spoilers we suggest you stop reading now. If you have seen it and want to hear our thoughts then keep reading.
As the season came to a close blood was shed when Ty (Gideon Glick) opened fire outside Rosie’s (Dania Ramirez) wedding to Spence (Grant Show). Did one of the main cast suffer a fatal injury? Can Rosie and Spence live happily ever after?
Well the revelation that Rosie’s husband was alive and well suggests that it’s not going to be an easy path for her in the third season. Elsewhere in the second season the Powells learned the truth about their son’s death which resulted in Marisol’s (Ana Ortiz) new husband Nicholas (Mark Deklin) heading on a one-way trip to prison.
Zoila (Judy Reyes) found out she was pregnant but isn’t sure who the father is, Genevieve (Susan Lucci) lost her kidney donor and Carmen (Roselyn Sanchez) slept with a married man who lured her in with the temptation of a record deal.
Well before we speculate on that we’re confused as to why Devious Maids hasn’t been given a third season yet. The show is one of the top performing on Lifetime in the US and it’s got a decent following here in the UK on TLC too. Our fingers are crossed that the show will return in 2015.
Regardless of its current status, were already thinking about the third season and what it might have in store. Here are our Top 10 things:
1. Rosie and Spence to make it. If we had to put money on it we’d expect Spence to be the person who got shot at the end of the second season. If that is the case we hope he pulls through because we love Rosie and Spence together. Whichever way it goes it’s not going to be an easy ride for Rosie with her husband back from the dead too.
2. Carmen to get her music break. Ok so whilst accidentally sleeping with a married man may not be the best way to climb the ladder of success, we hope that it pays off in some way for Carmen. She’s been dreaming of a singing career for the past two seasons and it would be interesting to see her get a shot but have to battle to keep her indiscretion secret so her fling’s record executive wife doesn’t find out.
3. Marisol to integrate more with the maids. The second season saw Marisol a little removed from her friends and we missed the dynamic of the main actresses. We want to see the feisty lady having more fun with her friends in the next season.
4. Zoila to be expecting Javier’s (Ivan Hernandez) baby. Logic tells us that Zoila becoming pregnant by Pablo (Alex Fernandez) is the route the writers will likely take as that would provide better drama but we want Zoila to enjoy some happiness with the new man in her life. Her reconciliation with Pablo was a mistake and we have everything crossed that her relationship continues with Javier.
5. Valentina (Edy Ganem) to go to New York, live a little and then return. We can’t imagine Devious Maids without Valentina! Hopefully when the show returns it’ll be once Valentina has completed her internship and has grown more confidence. After the mess of her relationship with Ethan (Colin Woodell) a break would do her good but we want her back asap!
6. More Remi (Drew Van Acker). Was anyone else disappointed at the lack of Remi in season 2? The hottest male cast member was under-used and now he’s back with Valentina we hope there’s a strong storyline for the two of them in the next season.
7. Nicholas to stay in the show. Ok he’s likely going to be behind bars, at least for a little bit, but we liked the addition of Nicholas to the show. There’s unfinished business with Marisol and we hope that their marriage isn’t over as quick as it started. It’s not going to be easy for the two of them to get past the lies and secrets but Nicholas did everything Marisol asked of him so maybe it’s time she gave him a chance to redeem himself?
8. Genevieve to find a new kidney donor. Pablo deciding not to donate his kidney following Zoila’s decision to stay with Javier was heartbreaking (and a bit selfish). We love Genevieve and want her to be fit and healthy again in the third season. We have a feeling it’ll get worse before it gets better and we hope Pablo does the right thing.
9. More shenanigans with the Powells. The storyline involving Evelyn (Rebecca Wisocky) and Tony (Dominic Adams) provided some light relief in the second season of the show. Evelyn is easily the scene-stealer and we love the scenes with Adrian (Tom Irwin). We want to see the couple attempting to rebuild their relationship in the aftermath of Nicholas’ revelations. We don’t expect a happily ever after but the two should realise that hurting each other isn’t the answer.
10. New characters. One of our favourite storylines in the second season was Rosie’s new employers the Millers. Their story wrapped up nicely and with Rosie now married and living with Spence we don’t expect them to return. We hope that a new family with more secrets is introduced and that the maids plus Marisol get dragged right into the middle of them.
Devious Maids’ fate is still to be decided but if it does return it’ll be around spring 2015.