Revenge concluded its third season on E4 in the UK last night providing plenty of twists and shocks along the way.
If you haven’t seen the season three finale then we suggest you stop reading now so we don’t spoil anything for you. If you have seen it keep on reading to find out what we want when the show returns for a fourth season.
Last night’s finale served up a game-changer of a twist when it was revealed that David Clarke (James Tupper) isn’t actually dead. We were made aware of this fact as he stabbed Conrad (Henry Czerny) leaving him for dead in the middle of a road. Is he really dead? Is anyone ever really dead on Revenge?
Elsewhere in the season finale Victoria (Madeleine Stowe) kills Aiden (Barry Sloane) as revenge for Pascal’s (Olivier Martinez) death and she came face-to-face with Emily (Emily VanCamp) for a tense confrontation where she revealed she knew she was really Amanda Clarke. How did Ems react? She smacked her in the face with a shovel and committed her to a psychiatric hospital.
Poor Jack (Nick Wechsler) was taken away by the police after it Charlotte (Christa B. Allen) realised that he was the guy who released her from her kidnapping but mistakenly assuming he was the one who kidnapped her!
With the rest button well and truly pushed on the series, we’ve been thinking about what we want to see when it returns for a fourth season later in the year:
1. Emily to experience a whole lot of conflict. We can’t wait for the moment that Emily comes face-to-face with her father and realises that she’s spent three years exacting revenge for an event that never actually happened. Sure the Graysons framed him which was wrong but has Emily gone too far in the name of her (not dead) father?
2. Victoria and David to come face-to-face. This has the potential to be the most explosive scene in the history of Revenge as the former lovers (and now enemies?) come face-to-face for the first time since David’s ‘death’. Do we think Victoria may have known he was alive? We doubt it but she’s sure going to have some mixed feelings about it when she finds out.
3. Conrad’s fate to be sealed. Don’t get us wrong, we love the character but surely he can’t survive that stabbing? With Conrad out of the way this could be more fuel for Emily’s inevitable spiral once she realises her father is alive. Plus it sets Victoria up to become free from her ex-husband once and for all.
4. Charlotte to discover that Emily is her real sister. This one has been threatening to happen a few times over the course of the series but with David’s return and Victoria’s proof that the deceased Amanda Clarke (Margarita Levieva) wasn’t the real Amanda the time feels like it may be finally here.
5. Jack to avoid prison. Ok we think it’s highly unlikely he’ll spend much time, if any, behind bars but Jack seriously needs a break. By helping Charlotte he’s ended up being arrested, proof that being a nice guy doesn’t always pay. Having lost his entire family pretty much we want to see Jack back where he belongs as Emily and Nolan’s side plotting and scheming.
6. The return of Stevie Grayson (Gail O’Grady). The poor woman was pushed over the edge and back into alcoholism when she thought she’s played a part in Mason Treadwell’s (Roger Bart) death; if only she knew he was still alive! She’d also just started bonding with Jack after revealing she was his mother and he shipped her out of the Hamptons to save her from the Graysons. We want Stevie to come back fighting and help Jack avoid prison – she is a lawyer after all!
7. Plenty more Nolan (Gabriel Mann). We all know that Nolan is the secret weapon of Revenge and nothing beats his witty one-liners and dead-pan put-downs. We want Nolan at the centre of all the action with bigger storylines in season 4. He’s proven his loyalty to Emily more times than we care to remember and with Aiden gone he has the chance to step up.
8. More Javier (Henri Esteve). We loved the addition of Javier in season 3 as Nolan’s former prison mate and fellow hacker. The poor guy got screwed over by Daniel (Josh Bowman) and Margaux (Karine Vanasse) for his MyClone programme and returned to Nolan with his head in his hands. He’s got some bridges to build but we’d like to see him team up with Emily, Nolan and Jack to get in on the revenge plan.
9. Patrick (Justin Hartley) to return to Victoria’s side. We think he was pretty under-used in the end during season 3 after all the build-up in season 2. The murderous son of Victoria has already proven where his loyalty lies and he could definitely help to protect his mom from the return of David. We’d also like to see some more romance with Nolan as that storyline didn’t reach a satisfactory conclusion.
10. Daniel and Margaux to form a formidable and deadly alliance. Daniel started to manipulate Margaux in season 3 and effectively ruined her relationship with Jack. The two are back in business together and with Danny boy offering a shoulder to cry on following the death of Pascal, it seems like this one may be a foregone conclusion. Daniel is definitely heading over to the dark side and we think Margaux will join him. They also have Margaux’s brother Gideon (Daniel Zovatto) to deal with who was last seen framing Daniel.
Revenge returns to ABC in the US for a fourth season this autumn and is expected to return in the UK in January 2015.