Eureka Entertainment to release ‘The Hands Of Orlac’, Robert Wiene’s triumphant work of sinister German Expressionism starring Conrad Veidt, on Blu-ray for the first time on home video in the UK as part of The Masters of Cinema Series from14 June 2021. The first print run of 2000 copies will feature a Limited-Edition O-card Slipcase.
Reuniting the star and director of ‘Das Cabinet des Dr. Caligari’, ‘The Hands of Orlac’ [Orlac’s Hände] is a deliciously twisted thriller that blends grand guignol thrills with the visual and performance styles of German Expressionism.
Based on a novel by medical-horror novelist Maurice Renard, it charts the mental disintegration of a concert pianist (Conrad Veidt) whose hands are amputated after a train crash, and replaced with the hands of an executed murderer. When Orlac’s father is murdered by the dead man’s hands, Orlac begins a steady descent towards madness. The Masters of Cinema Series is proud to present ‘The Hands of Orlac’ for the first time on home video in the UK in a special Blu-ray edition.
‘The Hands of Orlac’, a mesmerising expressionist thriller, is out now on Blu-ray and can be purchased at https://amzn.to/3fnInbD
To celebrate the release, we’ve got 3 copies on Blu-ray to give away. Enter below for a chance to win…
This competition closes at 23:59 GMT on Friday 18th June 2021.
Please note that due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, prizes will take longer than normal to be sent out.
Terms & Conditions
- The competition is open to all UK residents over the age of 13.
- Winners will be selected at random.
- By entering into the competition all entrants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.
- Entertainment Focus does not allow collective or proxy entries.
- Entertainment Focus reserves the right to change or withdraw this competition without notice.
- Entertainment Focus will not pass your details to any third parties and they will be used solely for communication regarding this competition.
- Winners will be notified via email or social media and prizes must be claimed within 5 working days.
- The supplier may change the prize offered without warning.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Entertainment Focus’ decision is final – no correspondence will be entered into.