Paul Verhoeven’s (Total Recall) medieval epic Flesh + Blood is coming to Blu-ray for the first time in the UK on 6th August 2018 via Eureka Entertainment.
Released uncut and in a Dual Format Edition, Flesh + Blood stars Rutger Hauer (Blade Runner), Jennifer Jason Leigh (The Hateful Eight) and Tom Burlinson (20,000 Leagues Under the Sea). The release features a Limited Edition O-Card slipcase and collector’s booklet (in the first pressing only).
In Western Europe, 1501, a small army of mercenaries led by the charismatic and mercurial Martin (Rutger Hauer) reclaim a heavily fortified castle for its owner Arnolfini, who then betrays the band and ejects them from the city by force. Swearing revenge, Martin leads a violent assault on the nobleman and ends up accidentally kidnapping the beautiful Agnes (Jennifer Jason Leigh), the fiancée of Arnolfini’s son Steven, who in turn pledges to wipe out the mercenary group once and for all.
Flesh + Blood shocked audiences during its original release in 1985 and it was censored in the UK due to the extreme amounts of sex and violence it depicted.
You can pre-order the release from https://amzn.to/2J1yfGM.
Special features on the Dual Format release include:
- Limited Edition O-Card slipcase (first print run only)
- 1080p presentation of the film on Blu-ray, with a progressive encode on the DVD.
- Uncompressed LPCM audio (on the Blu-ray
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
- Audio commentary by director Paul Verhoeven
- Paul Verhoeven in the Flesh (21 mins)
- Verhoeven Versus Verhoeven – A documentary on the iconic director, covering the entirety of his career and featuring extensive interviews with the man himself (45 mins)
- Audio interview with actor Rutger Hauer (24 mins)
- Interview with screenwriter Gerard Soeteman (17 mins)
- Interview with composer Basil Poledoris
- Original theatrical trailer
- A collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film (first pressing only)