Eureka Entertainment to release The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes, Billy Wilder’s criminally underrated adventure-comedy, as part of The Masters of Cinemas Series on Blu-ray on 22 January 2018.
Considered by many Holmesians to be the best Sherlock Holmes movie ever made, Billy Wilder’s The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes is both an affectionate parody, and a brilliant, melancholy celebration of Arthur Conan Doyle’s infamous detective.
Sherlock Holmes (Robert Stephens) and Dr. Watson (Colin Blakely), are tasked with locating the missing husband of a mysterious woman fished out of the River Thames. The course of their investigation leads them to Scotland and encounters with a group of monks, some dwarfs and even the Loch Ness Monster. Can Holmes and Watson crack the case?
Co-written by Wilder and I. A. L. Diamond (one of eleven screenplays they wrote together) and starring the late great Christopher Lee as Sherlock’s brother Mycroft, The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes is one of the most underrated films in Billy Wilder’s filmography, and The Masters of Cinema Series is proud to present the film for Blu-ray for the first time in the UK.
The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes, Billy Wilder’s criminally underrated adventure-comedy, released as part of The Masters of Cinemas Series on Blu-ray is OUT NOW, and available to order here http://amzn.to/2C6YC7c
The competition closes at 23.59 (GMT) on Monday 5th February 2018.
- The competition is open to all UK residents over the age of 13.
- Winners will be selected at random.
- By entering into the competition all entrants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.
- Entertainment Focus does not allow collective or proxy entries.
- Entertainment Focus reserves the right to change or withdraw this competition without notice.
- Entertainment Focus will not pass your details to any third parties and they will be used solely for communication regarding this competition.
- Winners will be notified via email and prizes must be claimed within 5 working days.
- In the unlikely event the prize style has discontinued a similar model to the same value will be provided.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Entertainment Focus’ decision is final – no correspondence will be entered into.