Eureka Entertainment to re-issue The Passion Of Joan Of Arc, Carl Theodor Dreyer’s enigmatic and profoundly moving silent masterpiece, in a Dual Format edition on 21 August 2017.
One of the most emotional film experiences of any era, Carl Theodor Dreyer’s 1928 The Passion of Joan of Arc [La Passion de Jeanne d’Arc / Jeanne d’Arc’s lidelse og dod.] is a miracle of the cinema, an enigmatic and profoundly moving work that merges the worlds of the viewer and of saintly Joan herself into one shared experience of hushed delirium.
Dreyer’s film charts the final days of Joan of Arc as she undergoes the debasement that accompanies her trial for charges of heresy – through her imprisonment and execution at the stake.
The portrayal of Joan by Renée Maria Falconetti is frequently heralded as the all-time finest performance in the history of film, and Dreyer’s unusual and virtuosic method, in seeming to render the very soul of his actress, vaulted the director decisively into the ranks of the art form’s supreme geniuses. The Masters of Cinema Series is proud to present The Passion of Joan of Arc in an exclusively restored version, presented in both 20fps and 24fps playback speeds, and featuring Dreyer’s own original Danish-language intertitles.
The Passion Of Joan Of Arc, Carl Theodor Dreyer’s enigmatic and profoundly moving silent masterpiece, is available in a Dual Format edition from 21 August 2017, and can be purchased here http://amzn.to/2uM1ar5
To celebrate the release, we’ve got 3 copies to give away to our readers. All you need to do to be in with a chance is answer one simple question below:
The competition closes at 23.59 (GMT) on Friday 1st September 2017.
- The competition is open to all UK residents over the age of 15.
- Winners will be selected at random.
- By entering into the competition all entrants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.
- Entertainment Focus does not allow collective or proxy entries.
- Entertainment Focus reserves the right to change or withdraw this competition without notice.
- Entertainment Focus will not pass your details to any third parties and they will be used solely for communication regarding this competition.
- Winners will be notified via Twitter and prizes must be claimed within 5 working days.
- In the unlikely event the prize style has discontinued a similar model to the same value will be provided.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Entertainment Focus’ decision is final – no correspondence will be entered into.