In mid 1995, two young Brisbane men – Darren Hayes and Daniel Jones – joined forces to create Australia’s biggest and most successful musical duo, Savage Garden, breaking records and winning awards and acclaim along the way.
On Friday, 8th January 2016 a new compilation album – Savage Garden: The Singles – will go on sale in stores and via download. Savage Garden: The Singles features all the band’s singles, notably including a bonus track of previoulsy unreleased demo “She”, an essential compilation commemorating the band’s 20th Anniversary of their first single release, “I Want You”. See below for the full album tracklisting.
When the master recordings were being transferred, the previously unreleased demo of a 1994 song called She was uncovered among some multi-track cassette based recordings. As a special treat for their fans and friends SHE (1994 Demo) was made available via Savage Garden’s Facebook page and website and appears on Savage Garden: The Singles as a bonus track. The recording features Daniel on piano and Darren’s signature, passionate vocals.
The Singles is available to pre-order now at Amazon.co.uk.
To celebrate the release we’ve got 3 copies of The Singles to give away. All you need to do to be in with a chance of winning is answer the question below:
The competition closes at 23.59 (GMT) on Thursday 31st December 2015.
Terms & conditions
1. The competition is open to all UK residents over the age of 13.
2. Winners will be selected at random.
3. By entering into the competition all entrants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.
4. All information provided by the entrant must be accurate and proof of age may be requested.
5. Entertainment Focus reserves the right to change or withdraw this competition without notice.
6. Entertainment Focus will not pass your details to any third parties and will be used solely for communication regarding this competition.
7. Winners will be notified via email or phone (or where applicable) social media (depending on the type of competition).
8. In the unlikely event the prize style has discontinued a similar model to the same value will be provided.
9. There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
10. Entertainment Focus’ decision is final – no correspondence will be entered into.