Connect Playmute to your TV and simply snap your fingers, clap your hands, whistle or shake your smartphone to switch to your favorite apps while the ads are on. Never miss the beginning of your program again with Playmute’s PIP screen that allows you to keep track of your program at the bottom of the TV screen whilst you’re on your favorite apps.
Playmute is a small device that connects to your TV via the HDMI port. Snap your fingers, clap, or shake your smart phone to replace TV ads instantly. Once Playmute is activated, just use your smartphone to navigate through the apps you’d like to use, ie Twitter, Facebook, YouTube – all while keeping an eye on your program using a small screen in the bottom corner of your TV.
Playmute was created as an alternative to TV ads, like Dish or Tivo. The benefit of Playmute is that there are no monthly fees and you don’t need to record your program to avoid the ads.
[quote by=”Co-creator Yamine Bena”]We were fed up of having to change the channel and then miss our favorite program, or use our smartphone to go on apps on a small screen. We thought it would be great if we could make a product that would let us view our mobile apps on our big screen while the ads were on.[/quote]
With Playmute you can also preset your favorite apps to certain channels. For example, you can preset educational games to your child’s favorite TV channel, so when the ads come on your child can clap and it will switch to the educational games. With Playmute’s integrated Android TV you can get access to all Google play apps, as well as all- new services, including smartphone and voice control as well as Chromecast. Name the service you want to access, cast your media to your TV and use your smartphone to navigate.
Key features of Playmute include:
- TV ad switching: Smart HDMI switch technology
- Audio signaling: Snap, clap, whistle or shake your smartphone to activate Playmute
- PIP screen: Keep an eye on the live TV so you never miss a second of your program
- Smartphone control: One app to control Playmute
- Android powered device: Access to all Google play apps and services
- Screen casting: For your media & home network
- Easy installation: HDMI input on any HDTV or Smart TV
- Can be used anywhere in the world: With cable TV / satellite TV / Set top boxes, etc.
- Compatible: With iOS and Android
- Create shortcuts: To a specific app depending on the channel
[quote by=”Mike Harsch, co-creator of Playmute”]We noticed that we were seeing more and more adverts on our TV. In the USA, the average person watches 1h30 of ads per 5 hours of TV everyday, so by the time we’re 32 we’ve seen 3 years of ads! We thought there must be a way we can skip the ads, but still keep an eye on the program we were watching, and that’s why we created Playmute.[/quote]
Playmute is available to back on Kickstarter, with early bird pledge levels starting from $99.