A new story trailer, titled Banished from Death, has been released for Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor. Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and Monolith Productions have also confirmed the release date as the 7th October 2014, and revealed the game’s official box art and pre-order bonus pack.
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor delivers a dynamic game environment where the player orchestrates their personal plan of vengeance as they bend Mordor to their will. The game begins on the night of Sauron’s return to Mordor, as his Black Captains brutally execute the Rangers of the Black Gate. Players become Talion, a ranger who loses his family and everything he holds dear, only to be returned from death by a mysterious Spirit of vengeance. As Talion’s personal vendetta unfolds, players uncover the mystery of the Spirit that compels him, discover the origin of the Rings of Power and confront the ultimate nemesis.
Pre-ordering Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor gets you access at the game’s launch to The Dark Ranger exclusive bonus pack. Available at all participating retailers, the pack will provide exclusive content and challenges for players including:
- Dark Ranger Character Skin
- Begin your own quest for vengeance with a new Dark Ranger character skin that embodies Talion’s darker side
- “Test of Power” Challenge Mode
- Face Sauron’s Captains and defeat them to earn powerful Runes and gain a head start in the game
- Access to Exclusive Leaderboards for “Test of Power” Challenge Mode
- Test your speed, skill and strategy and measure yourself against your friends on the leaderboards in this challenge mode
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor will be available on 7th October for 2014 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC.