300: Rise of an Empire is released in UK cinemas and IMAX on 7th March and we’re very excited about it for reasons that are, shall we say, purely visual.
A whole heap of new images have been released from the movie today and we have to say that caught our attention thanks to some seriously impressive abs, a lot of star Sullivan Stapleton and some thoughts which probably shouldn’t be verbalised in any form, ever.
We’ve picked our 6 favourite photos and listed our the reason we like each and why we’ll be booking our tickets to see the movie when it’s released next week. Keep reading and dare to tell us we don’t make some very valid points.
1. Hot abs – even though the beautiful Lena Headey is in this image, we didn’t notice thanks to Sullivan Stapleton in the background.
2. Sullivan Stapleton is in the movie as Themistokles. Do we need any other reasons?
3. Themistokles is just one of many near naked men in the movie rocking a skirt and sword combo
4. Even the bad guy is kinda hot. Well done to Rodrigo Santoro (we loved you in Love, Actually) for making Xerxes weirdly attractive
5. We can play out our Spartan fantasties whilst watching lots of homo-erotic battle sequences
6. They say a picture speaks a thousand words. This one speaks more and we’re fairly sure none of them are what actually happens in this scene.