Multi-platinum recording artist Jake Owen announces the release of his highly anticipated seventh studio album, ‘Loose Cannon’, dropping Friday, June 23. The country hitmaker is kicking off summer by dropping four new songs from the album this Friday, May 26 – ‘On The Boat Again,’ ‘Solo, Solo,’ ‘Nothing,’ and ‘Hot Truck Beer.’
The upcoming 16-track album will give fans a collection of summertime staples with sunshine-soaked lyrics that tip their hat to classic country rhythms audiences of all generations can crack a cold one to. With ten No.1 singles and over 2.5 billion streams across his decorated career, Owen continues to share his unique blend of laid back, feel-good country.
‘Loose Cannon’ has Owen’s signature honeyed rasp on full display over lyrics penned by a plethora of Nashville’s finest songwriters (Ashley Gorley, Brent Cobb, Rodney Clawson, Jessie Jo Dillon, Luke Laird, to name a few) and uniquely, a collection of reputed artist-writers including ACM Male Artist of the Year nominee Jordan Davis, Devin Dawson, Walker Hayes, Jordan Fletcher, Hunter Phelps, and more.
“I can’t wait to share this new wave of music with my fans,” shares Owen. “This album is a long time coming and feels like the best version of me. Grab your buddies, put the boat in the water, pour a cold one out, and we’ll catch y’all out on the lake. It’s the best time of year and we’re ready to celebrate.”
A little over four years since his last full-length album, ‘Greetings From…Jake’, ‘Loose Cannon’ showcases his maturity as an artist in evolution, allowing fans of ‘Barefoot Blue Jean Night’ and ‘Beachin’ a chance to grow alongside Owen as he taps into his neo-traditional next wave.
Owen is set to perform this Saturday, May 27, at Charlotte Motor Speedway following the Coca-Cola 600 qualifying and the ALSCO Uniforms 300 Xfinity Series.
LOOSE CANNON TRACKLIST
- ‘Hot Truck Beer’ (Jordan Fletcher, Jim McCormick, Austin Nivarel)
- ‘Go Getter’ (Brent Cobb, Jake Mitchell, Aaron Ratiere)
- ‘Solo Solo’ (Ashley Gorley, Ben Johnson, Blake Pendergrass, Hunter Phelps)
- ‘On The Boat Again’ (Willie Nelson, Devin Dawson, Kyle Fishman, Rocky Block, Blake Pendergrass)
- ‘Hearts and Habits’ (Thomas Archer, Jamie Moore, Jared Mullins, Ben Stennis)
- ‘When It All Shakes Out’ (Jacob Davis, Jordan Dozzi, Josh Jenkins)
- ‘Hope Less’ (Jared Mullins, Ben Stennis)
- ‘It Don’t, He Won’t and You Do’ (Jordan Dozzi, Justin Ebach, Chase McGill)
- ‘Friends Don’t Let Friends’ (Jessie Jo Dillon, Hunter Phelps, Ben Stennis)
- ‘Boy In The Chevrolet’ (Ashley Gorley, Taylor Phillips, Bobby Pinson)
- ‘Shrank’ (Lalo Guzman, Walker Hayes, Hunter Phelps)
- ‘Nothing’ (Dallas Davidson, Kyle Fishman, Earle Hagen, Reid Haughton, Herbert Spencer, Cole Taylor)*
- ‘Somewhere South With Rum’ (Jacob Davis, Jordan Davis, Josh Jenkins, Matt Jenkins)
- ‘The Ending’ (Rodney Clawson, Luke Laird, Chris Tompkins)
- ‘Hey Can I Buy You A Beer’ (John Byron, Rocky Block, Travis Wood)
- ‘Loose Cannon’ (Matt Roy)