Eureka Entertainment to release ‘VIY’ [Вий], the ground-breaking gothic folktale made in Russia during the Soviet era, presented as a Limited Two-Disc Blu-ray Edition (3000 Copies Only) as a part of The Masters of Cinema Series from 15th March 2021. The Limited-Edition will feature a Bonus Disc containing ‘A Holy Place’ (1990, dir. Djordje Kadijevic) and an exclusive O-Card Slipcase.
Bursting with startling imagery and stunning practical effects courtesy of directors Konstantin Yershov, Georgi Kropachyov, and perhaps most notably, artistic director Aleksandr Ptushko(the legendary special effects artist whose spectacular stop-motion effects and innovative colour cinematography has seen him referred to as the Soviet equivalent of Willis O’Brien, Ray Harryhausen, and even Mario Bava), ‘VIY’ has influenced generations of directors for more than half a century.
In 19th century Russia, a seminary student is forced to spend three nights with the corpse of a beautiful young witch. But when she rises from the dead to seduce him, it will summon a nightmare of fear, desire, and the ultimate demonic mayhem. The Masters of Cinema series is proud to present ‘VIY’ in its UK debut on Blu-ray from a HD restoration of the original film elements.
Exclusive to this Limited Edition, The Masters of Cinema series also presents director Djordje Kadijevic’s ‘A Holy Place’ [Sveto mesto] for the first time ever on home video in the UK.
‘VIY’, the ground-breaking gothic folktale, is released on 15th March 2021 on Blu-ray and can be purchased here https://amzn.to/3miQfeg
To celebrate the release we’ve got 3 copies to give away. Enter below for a chance to win…
This competition closes at 23:59 GMT on Thursday 18th March 2021.
Please note that due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, prizes will take longer than normal to be sent out.
Terms & Conditions
- The competition is open to all UK residents over the age of 18.
- Winners will be selected at random.
- By entering into the competition all entrants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.
- Entertainment Focus does not allow collective or proxy entries.
- Entertainment Focus reserves the right to change or withdraw this competition without notice.
- Entertainment Focus will not pass your details to any third parties and they will be used solely for communication regarding this competition.
- Winners will be notified via email or social media and prizes must be claimed within 5 working days.
- The supplier may change the prize offered without warning.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Entertainment Focus’ decision is final – no correspondence will be entered into.