Twelve Monkeys is directed by Terry Gilliam and stars Bruce Willis, Madeleine Stowe and Brad Pitt. The film grossed $168.8 million worldwide and was released to critical praise.
Brad Pitt was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor, and won a Golden Globe Award for his performance.
Between the past and the future, sanity and madness, dreams and reality, lies the mystery of the Twelve Monkeys.. the year is 2035 and humankind subsists in a desolate netherworld following the eradication of 99% of the Earth’s population, a holocaust that makes the planet’s surface uninhabitable and mankind’s destiny uncertain.
Cole (Bruce Willis) a reluctant volunteer aided by Dr. Kathryn Railly (Madeline Stowe) have only two clues to solve the puzzle of the Twelve Monkeys which threatens to completely erase humanity from the planet…
‘Twelve Monkeys’ was inspired by Chris Marker’s 1962 short film ‘La Jetée’,. Terry Gilliam had not seen the film (he makes a principle not to see or read the original) but agreed to doing ‘Twelve Monkeys’ because of the script and its conceptual similarities to his 1985 film ‘Brazil’.
‘Twelve Monkeys’ is released on DVD by Fabulous Films on Monday 14th December 2020. The limited edition release comes with a free pandemic face mask.
To celebrate the release, we’ve for 1 copy on DVD to give away. Enter below for a chance to win…
This competition closes at 23:59 GMT on Sunday 13th December 2020.
Please note that due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, prizes will take longer than normal to be sent out.
Terms & Conditions
- The competition is open to all UK residents over the age of 15.
- Winners will be selected at random.
- By entering into the competition all entrants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.
- Entertainment Focus does not allow collective or proxy entries.
- Entertainment Focus reserves the right to change or withdraw this competition without notice.
- Entertainment Focus will not pass your details to any third parties and they will be used solely for communication regarding this competition.
- Winners will be notified via email or social media and prizes must be claimed within 5 working days.
- The supplier may change the prize offered without warning.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Entertainment Focus’ decision is final – no correspondence will be entered into.