The streaming and recording of our games is a rapidly growing genre of entertainment in its own right with thousands of hopefuls broadcasting their gameplay moments with dreams of becoming the next Ninja. Getting set up to do this can be a confusing business for the newcomers. Trying to set up a webcam, record your gameplay, get your face on the screen somewhere, Twitch overlays and so on are just a few of the things you might want to set up and for the uninitiated, this can be a minefield.
Thankfully the guys at SplitmediaLabs have been busy producing and improving their suite of software options aimed at making streaming or recording your gameplay a much easier proposition. Their range currently consists of Broadcaster, Gamescaster, a video editor and VCam which allows you to use a virtual greenscreen without the need to paint your walls. The entire suite is available for free (with a few restrictions) with an optional premium upgrade.
XSplit Gamescaster V4 is the latest version of the popular program and comes with some very easy to use features meaning you can get set up in mere minutes. It’s been rebuilt from the ground up and makes it incredibly easy to create a professional-looking video to share on popular platforms like Twitch, YouTube, Mixer, and Facebook at the click of a button.
- Simple Setup: Start live streaming or recording at the click of a button. XSplit Gamecaster automatically adjusts all of the necessary encoding settings to ensure your stream is of the highest quality and performance.
- Stay in the Game: Gamecaster’s in-game HUD makes it easy to control your recording from one screen. Creators can start and stop their broadcast, toggle between scenes, interact with chat, and check out recent events and stats to help increase audience interaction.
- Custom Themes: Choose from more than 300 beautifully-designed themes or take control and build your own theme from scratch with Gamecaster’s powerful and fully-customizable editor to make your videos truly unique.
- Build Your Community: Add follower alerts, donation trackers, subscriber goals, GIFs, and more to engage your community.
- Cloud Storage: Gamecaster stores all of your custom themes in the cloud, keeping your projects safe whether you are formatting your PC or broadcasting away from home.
“XSplit Gamecaster V4 is a next-generation product like no other and represents a significant step forward for user experience and creating beautiful broadcasts in just a few simple clicks,” says Andreas Hoye, COO for SplitmediaLabs. “With XSplit Gamecaster V4 we implemented nearly a decade’s worth of experience and user feedback, to create what we believe to be the ultimate all-in-one solution for those looking for an easier way to get started”
I’ve had some hands-on time with the beta of Gamecaster and it’s remarkable just how easy it is to get set up. The sheer number of options available for customisation is staggering whether you want to use a pre-made template or create completely from scratch, Gamecaster 4 has you covered.
XSplit Gamecaster V4 is available for free, or paid under a Premium License where it is packaged with XSplit Broadcaster, XSplit VCam, and the newly released XSplit Express Video Editor.
You can download XSplit Gamescaster here.