Calling all the Dictators out there, it’s almost time for Tropico 6 to land on Xbox One and PS4. Released on PC in March this year Tropico 6 introduced tonnes of new features making this a stand out Tropico release. Check out our PC review if you want to learn more.
City building games often have a challenge when they move over to consoles, nothing quite beats a mouse for these sorts of games so can Tropico 6 deliver on this front? According to Kalypso, yes! “In terms of controls, these are optimised for both the DualShock 4 and Xbox One controllers, allowing for the same fluid Tropico experience players have come to expect.”
View the console gameplay trailer below:
Kalypso and Limbic Entertainment have also been busy optimising the game for consoles which will run at 30fps on the first generation consoles at 1080p. The Xbox One X and PS4 Pro will run it at 60fps at 1080p and 30fps in 4K. Console owners will also benefit from all of the previous improvements and optimisations from the PC version.
Tropico 6 on consoles also comes with an array of new content and fixes such as:
- Four new traits for El Presidente
- New edicts (e.g. Free Housing)
- New overlays
- Special effects of buildings are visualized
- Revised balancing (e.g. tourism, media building)
- Revised pathfinding of the Tropicaner
- New variations for parks and squares
- New Decoration: Space Monument
- New decorations for El Presidente in character adaptation
- The language can be changed at any time during the game.
- More than 300+ bugfixes
You’ll be able to pick up Tropico 6 On Xbox One and PS4 on 27th September.
View some console screenshots in our gallery below: