inXile Entertainment have announced that the Director’s Cut of The Bard’s Tale IV is now available on Xbox One, PS4 and PC via Steam. This version is loaded with new features, fixes, and content, making it the truly definitive edition of The Bard’s Tale IV.
Originally released in September 2018 after a Kickstarter campaign The Bard’s Tale IV was met with reviews that varied massively. It was a very divisive game with people either loving or hating it. You can check out our PC review to see what we thought.
View the Bard’s Tale IV: Director’s Cut launch trailer below:
Along with an Unreal Engine update that has the game looking, playing, and sounding better than ever, The Bard’s Tale IV: Director’s Cut directly addresses feedback received from the initial launch with thousands of fixes and tweaks included. Those who already own the PC game will receive the Director’s Cut content and improvements as a free update.
New features of The Bard’s Tale IV: Director’s Cut include:
- A new end-game chapter that adds hours of additional content
- New enemies, items, and weapons, including dwarven master-crafted weapons
- Thousands of fixes and improvements across the game
- Refined and more feature-rich UI
- More class/gender character creation options
- Rebalanced combat and encounters
- Additional difficulty settings
- Full gamepad support across all platforms
Each version of The Bard’s Tale IV: Director’s Cut includes bonus in-game items, with the Deluxe Edition on PC offering a wide range of art, music, and the original (and remastered) The Bard’s Tale Trilogy series of games.
View some screenshots from The Bard’s Tale IV: Director’s Cut in our gallery below: