Varsav Game Studios have been busy as bees (sorry) working on their new game Bee Simulator. They have just agreed a publishing deal with Bigben which will allow the game to be released on PC, Xbox One, PS4 and Nintendo Switch by the end of the year. You might be forgiven for thinking that a bee sim sounds a bit rubbish but before you move on I urge you to check out the trailer below as it genuinely looks really interesting.
“It’s a great pleasure to have such an experienced partner like Bigben as a publisher for our upcoming Bee Simulator game. As a unique mix of action game with elements of simulation, and definitely with an educational mission, we deeply believe that Bee Simulator has great potential. Potential not only to give players huge amounts of fun and entertainment from being a bee, but also by increasing their knowledge of the nature that surrounds them, and maybe even change their work-life-nature balance. We believe that the global marketing and sales campaign of Bee Simulator in cooperation with Bigben will build a strong awareness of all the unique aspects of the game,” says Łukasz Rosiński, Founder and Joint-CEO of Varsav Game Studios, developer of Bee Simulator.
“It’s a real pleasure to work with Varsav Game Studio on this game. The passion of those guys who have worked for years to make this innovative title accessible to everyone is something that really made us enthusiastic. As a major player in the AA video games publishing industry, we really wanted to be part of creative projects that offer unique experiences to all players, whether they are young or adult, and that’s exactly what Bee Simulator is about.” Says Benoît Clerc, Head of Publishing at Bigben.
Bee Simulator’s key features:
- A unique chance to see the macro scale world from the micro perspective of a honeybee;
- A realistic representation of a place inspired by Central Park;
- Three diverse modes enriched with educational elements:
- Single-player story mode presents you with a family of bees. Can you save the hive from the threat of human beings?
- Exploration mode allows you to freely discover a world inspired by Central Park in New York.
- Split-screen mode can either be used for cooperation or competition. It includes an additional map that makes the game even more fascinating.
- The possibility to interact with your surroundings: people, animals, plants, and other insects;
- A lack of violence – it’s a perfect choice for parents looking for a game that their children can safely play;
- Relaxing music composed by Mikołaj Stroiński, who was responsible for the soundtrack of such games as The Witcher 3 and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter.