At the Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival taking place in Paris this weekend (Feb. 2nd-3rd), the third expansion was revealed to be called Shadowbringers.
A full list of new content revealed in Paris is below:
- New Job – The ‘gunbreaker’– master of gunblade.
- New Playable Race – the ‘Viera’, rabbit-like wardens of the wood.
‘Trust’ System – An all-new system allowing players to tackle Shadowbringers instanced dungeons with familiar NPCs by their side (excluding dungeons requiring more than four party members).
- New Alliance Raid – YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse – from the minds of renowned NieR creators Yosuke Saito and Yoko Taro.
- New Areas – Il Mheg – a lush, awe-inspiring vale, and the Rak’tika Greatwood – a sprawling forest of ancient, towering sentinels.
- New Beast Tribe and Primal – the pixies and their almighty regent, Titania.
Watch the Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers Viera reveal trailer:
Alongside information about the game, Square Enix revealed the Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers Collector’s Edition. Available to pre-order from the Square Enix Store starting February 6th.
The Collector’s Edition includes:
- Shadowbringers Special Art Box – A unique silver-inlaid box featuring an illustration by artist Yoshitaka Amano.
- Dark Knight Figure – An impressive high-quality figure that features the Warrior of Darkness as a dark knight.
- Shadowbringers Art Book – An art book featuring a wealth of illustrations and concept art used in the creation of the expansion.
- Shadowbringers Logo Sticker Cling – A reusable vinyl cling featuring the Shadowbringers logo.
- Final Fantasy XIV Playing Cards – A deck of playing cards featuring a range of artwork from A Realm Reborn through Shadowbringers.
- In-game Grani Mount – Ride the formidable Grani and strike terror into the heart of any foe in your path. Caution is recommended when mounting the rather pointy beast.
- In-game Wind-up Fran Minion – Take Fran along as your partner in the skies, on land, or under the water. Wherever your adventure takes you, just keep it away from Mist.
- In-game Revolver Gunbreaker Weapon – Squall’s iconic gunblade makes its appearance in FFXIV as a gunbreaker-exclusive weapon. Charge into battle with it…or not. Whatever.
Anyone pre-ordering will be eligible to receive the following items, which will be delivered starting 1st March, 2019 at 8am GMT:
- In-game Baby Gremlin Minion – There is nothing more invigorating than venturing into unfamiliar lands with a baby gremlin nipping at your heels and bad-mouthing your every move.
- Aetheryte Earring – An earring modeled after the Aetherytes found in towns across the land. Grants 30% bonus EXP when worn, up to level 70.
- Early Access – Early access grants users the ability to play Shadowbringers on 28th June, several days before the official release.
With items being delivered ahead of launch, anyone pre-ordering Shadowbringers will be able to receive their Aetheryte Earrings to catch-up to level 70 before the expansion releases on 2nd July.