Chucklefish have announced that the wait for Wargroove is finally over as the game is launching today (February 1st). When war breaks out in the Kingdom of Cherrystone, the young Queen Mercia must flee her home. Pursued by her foes, the only way to save her kingdom is to travel to new lands in search of allies. But who will she meet along the way, and what sinister challenges will she face?
Wargroove is a turn-based strategy game for up to 4 players. The developers say it’s a modern take on turn-based tactical games such as the classic Advance Wars. Take to the battlefield, choose your Commander and wage war on battling factions, using your ‘groove’ to strategically sway the fight in your favour. Design and share online your very own maps, cut-scenes, and campaign stories with easy-to-use editors and in-depth customization tools.
Watch the Wargroove cinematic trailer below:
Watch the Wargroove gameplay trailer below:
Wargroove features include:
- Choose from one of 12+ Commanders from 4 warring factions – the brave Cherrystone Kingdom, the thoughtful Heavensong Empire, the dark Felheim Legion, and the nature-inspired Floran Tribes
- Strategically use your Commander’s unique “groove” ability to sway the battle in your favor
- Battle your way through the Campaign Mode to discover the story and motivations behind each faction
- Challenge your friends to local and online multiplayer skirmish modes with complete rule customization, as well as local and online competitive and co-op play
- Design and share your own complex series of battlefields online, with branching story paths using easy to master in-game map and campaign editors
- Learn more about each character you encounter through a trial of boisterous bouts in Arcade mode, fighting 5 different opponents in quick succession
- Outwit the enemy in Puzzle mode, using your strategic skills to complete tricky challenges in just ONE turn
- Discover the history and lore of the world of Wargroove and its inhabitants in the Codex, as well as handy strategy tips and rules for use in battle
- Seek out hidden in-game content and unlockables – old school style! Be the first to uncover all the secrets of Wargroove.
Wargroove is available on PC via Humble Store, Nintendo Switch and Xbox One priced at £15.99. PlayStation 4 fans can look forward to Wargroove making its way to the platform soon. Check out the official Wargroove website for more information on the game.
View some Wargroove screenshots in our gallery: