DrinkBox Studios has announced the sequel to Guacamelee!, its Mexican-themed co-op-multiplayer Metroidvania action game, is coming to PC via Steam “soon”. Guacamelee! 2 expands upon the original by introducing new levels, enemies, bosses, gameplay mechanics and more for the ultimate luchador experience.
Guacamelee! 2 picks up seven years after defeating Carlos Calaca. Juan Aguacate is living a happy life with his family, when his friend and trainer Uay Chivo discovers a new evil menace that threatens to destroy not only Mexico, but time and space itself.
Watch the official Guacamelee! 2 Steam announce trailer below:
Guacamelee! 2 features
- New Player Mechanics – Experience all new mechanics like Eagle Boost, a hooking mechanic that allows Juan to attach and fly through “boost points” in the environment
- Super Chicken! – A unique set of new abilities and moves for the chicken form, giving the player more varied and interesting chicken gameplay
- New Enemies and Environments – Guacamelee 2 takes place in a whole new part of Mexico, with completely new areas, enemies, and bosses
- 4-Player Local Co-op – Take on enemies as a solo luchador, or with a group of friends!
- Visual Enhancements – Redesigned lighting system for both characters and environments to take advantage of advanced hardware rendering features
In celebration of Guacamelee 2 coming to Steam, as well as the upcoming 10th anniversary of Drinkbox Studios, we've decided to put all of our games on sale for 90% off on Steam! Get 'em while they're hot!https://t.co/Z1c6JpkFxR
— DrinkBox (@DrinkBoxStudios) March 30, 2018
Players can get a taste of Guacamelee! 2 at PAX East by meeting with Drinkbox in the Indie MEGABOOTH.
View some screenshots from Guacamelee! 2 in our gallery: