DrinkBox Studios has announced the sequel to its Mexican-themed co-op-multiplayer Metroidvania action game, Guacamelee!. Guacamelee! 2 expands upon the original game by introducing new levels, enemies, bosses, gameplay mechanics and more for the ultimate luchador experience. Players can get their first chance to jump in the ring at this year’s PlayStation Experience in December.
Guacamelee! 2 picks up seven years after the original story. Juan Aguacate is living a happy life with his family, when his friend and trainer Uay Chivo discovers a new evil menace that threatens to destroy not only Mexico, but time and space itself.
Watch the official Guacamelee! 2 announce trailer below:
The new features in Guacamelee! 2 include:
- Eagle Boost – A hooking mechanic that allows Juan to attach and fly through “boost points” in the environment.
- Super Chicken! –A unique set of abilities for the chicken form, giving the player more varied and interesting chicken gameplay.
- 4-Player Local Co-op – Take on enemies as a group or solo.
- New Environmental Mechanics – Throughout the course of the game players will encounter many new mechanics to complement both platforming and combat.
- Visual Enhancements – A redesigned lighting system to take more advantage of the power of the PS4. Guacamelee! 2’s visuals are a big step above those of the original game on PS4, and are enhanced further to include 4K and HDR support when played on the PS4 Pro.
Check out the official Guacamelee! 2 website for more information.
View some screenshots from Guacamelee! 2 in our gallery: