During the BlizzCon 2017 opening ceremony, Blizzard announced several new updates coming to their Heroes of the Storm multiplayer online battle arena game.
First up is that two new playable heroes will join the already impressive roster. These are World of Warcraft’s Alexstrasza and Overwatch’s Hanzo. They are to be added as part of the Dragons of the Nexus update which brings a new quest on November 14th. There are also login bonuses of a stained glass Alexstrasza and Hanzo portraits. A new cinematic and in-game trailer have been released to show these new characters in action.
Watch the Dragons of the Nexus cinematic below:
Alexstrasza, the queen of dragons, is a support class with heroic abilities of Life-Binder and Cleansing Flame. Her primary abilities are Gift of Life, Abundance and Flame Buffet.
Hanzo takes the hero role of assassin with heroic abilities are Dragonstrike and Dragon’s Arrow. His primary abilities are Storm Bow, Scatter Arrow and Sonic Arrow.
Watch the Heroes of the Storm – BlizzCon 2017 trailer below:
In addition to the new characters, Blizzard also gave information on the Heroes of the Storm 2018 gameplay update. A number of changes and new features were announced including:
- Voice chat – adds integrated Blizzard Voice
- Performance-based matchmaking – to use individual performance over victory/defeat.
- A new camera perspective – giving increased field of view during play.
- Stealth rework – making stealthed heroes easier to spot plus buffs for Samuro, Nova, Valeera and Zeratul.
- Refining the early game – to make the laning phase more meaningful and showcase individual skill better.
- Mercenary updates – to create more impactful choices about how, when and which Mercenary Camps to capture.
Check out the Heroes of the Storm website for more information.