Wink Bar is a connected, easy to install handlebar that aims to make every bike smarter and every bike ride safer. Suitable for every type of bicycle, the handlebars combine powerful headlights for road visibility with GPS, which allows for both turn-by-turn navigation and anti-theft capabilities.
The Wink Bar is available in two easy to install models, Flat and Urban, and provides an all-in-one solution for bike riders.
Watch the Wink Bar video below:
It aims to address the main problems cyclists face:
- Road safety – integrated 225 lumen headlights, which switch on automatically once it becomes dark, making you more visible, especially at night.
- Navigation – the handlebars connect to an app and once you’ve set a destination, two separate lights will navigate you providing left, right, forward and backward signals, directing you on your route, as well as letting you know if you’re receiving an incoming call or message.
- Risk of theft – Wink will notify you when your bike is moved without your knowledge, and if it’s ridden without unlocking, Wink will sound a loud alarm. Should your bike be stolen, it will automatically be tracked, so you can locate it and alert the authorities.
You can unlock the Wink Bar using its built-in Bluetooth and the phone app, or through your personal VelcoTag, an RFID fob provided with each handlebar. The Wink Bar’s tracking feature is automatic and provides worldwide coverage. That way it’s always online and your bike is protected and can always be located. The app also allows cyclists to track and access their ride history, showing a breakdown of stats such as money saved versus driving, distance and duration of travel, as well as the calories burned, so you can integrate the data into your fitness profile.
Johnny Smith, CMO at Velco, the makers of Wink Bar commented:
[blockquote]We created the Wink Bar to give cyclists the ability to make their bike rides safer and smarter. Rather than something you have to attach to your bike, we wanted to make it an integrated part of the bike’s design. That way, the alarm is always protecting your bike, our inbuilt navigation tool, VelcoNav, is always there to guide you, and the headlights are there to keep you safe on the road. We’re so pleased to finally be launching the Wink Bar, and see it revolutionize the way riders from around the world cycle.[/blockquote]
Wink Bar Tech specifications
- Mobile app for iOS and Android
- 4 band GSM for worldwide coverage
- Comes with a special offer: a FREE worldwide data plan
- Automatic 225 lumen ultra-bright headlights
- Alarm volume at 91 decibels
- A robust 1800 mAh battery, for approx. 3 weeks of life
- Available in two models:
- Flat and Urban for any bike model, both made from high-grade aluminum
- Available in 2 colors: Black and Silver
- Bluetooth 4.2 low energy connectivity
- +200g weight
Wink Bar is available to back on Indiegogo, starting at $149 for the super early birds with additional limited quantities available at $179 and $194 thereafter.