Armed with his copy of Bradshaw’s Victorian Railway Guidebook, Michael Portillo takes to the tracks and over a series of four journeys, he travels from coast to coast to see what of Bradshaw’s Britain remains in Great British Railway Journeys: Series 6.
Passionate about trains, Michael Portillo continues to chart the great British romance with the railways in this phenomenally successful series. Armed with his copy of George Bradshaw’s famous railway handbook, he retraces four journeys that were first documented in the Victorian guide, witnessing what’s changed and discovering how our love of the railways began. Throughout, he makes stops at some of Britain’s most beautiful cities and secluded villages, meeting extraordinary people and hearing how their lives have been shaped by the railways.
Michael takes to the tracks again for this complete sixth series, with four new journeys in which he tries his hand at curling, visits the birthplace of golf, gives an old engine a fresh start in Derby, explores London’s Highgate Cemetery, takes a trip to Lindisfarne, learns of the miners who fuelled the Industrial Revolution, explores the treasures of the Bodleian Library… and much more!
This 4 DVD set features 20 episodes covering 4 different journeys:
- Ayr to Edinburgh
- Amersham to London Bridge
- Derby to Lindisfarne
- Pembroke Dock to Cambridge
Great British Railway Journeys: Series 6 is available now through Network.
To celebrate the release we’ve got two copies signed by Michael to give away. All you need to do to be in with a chance of winning is answer one simple question.
The competition closes at 23.59 (GMT) on Wednesday 27th April 2016.
Terms & conditions
- The competition is open to all UK residents over the age of 13.
- Winners will be selected at random.
- By entering into the competition all entrants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.
- All information provided by the entrant must be accurate and proof of age may be requested.
- Entertainment Focus does not allow collective or proxy entries.
- Entertainment Focus reserves the right to change or withdraw this competition without notice.
- Entertainment Focus will not pass your details to any third parties and will be used solely for communication regarding this competition.
- Winners will be notified via email or phone (or where applicable) social media (depending on the type of competition).
- In the unlikely event the prize style has discontinued a similar model to the same value will be provided.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Entertainment Focus’ decision is final – no correspondence will be entered into.