Capcom have released brand new gameplay details and assets for the upcoming Umbrella Corps. The game is a new fast-paced third person shooter set in the iconic Resident Evil universe.
Joining the previously announced “One Life Match” mode, the newly revealed “Multi-Mission” mode supports up to 6 players in a match where the first team to win 3 out of the 5 rounds will be the victor. As with “One Life Match” mode, the action is fast and intense with a 3 minute time limit for each round.
“Multi-Mission” mode consists of rounds that cycle through 8 different rulesets at random. This allows the same team members to consecutively enjoy different gameplay experiences in a seamless way, and provides an expedited matching process for quickly getting into the game. With the random ruleset selection, all teams must stay on their toes to adapt their tactics each round in order to come out on top.
[gss ids=”825134,825133,825132,825131,825130″ carousel=”fx=carousel”]
An overview of each ruleset can be found below:
- Target Hunter – One target will be chosen per team and only killing that target will count towards the score. Players can choose whether to focus on protecting their own target or aggressively attacking the enemy target.
- Respawn Match – Team deathmatch featuring respawns. Take advantage of the on-screen sound radar map to locate the enemies’ random respawn points.
- Domination – Secure the specified data transmission point located within the stage for a longer time than the enemy team in order to win.
- DNA Hunter – Kill zombies and collect their DNA samples. Destroying the opposing team’s Zombie Jammers is a key strategy in this mode.
- SP DNA Hunter – Kill the special mutated zombies and collect their DNA samples. They are particularly tough and immune to the effects of the Zombie Jammer. It’ll take teamwork to bring these creatures down.
- Collector – Teams battle it out to see who will be first to collect all 5 briefcases in the stage.
- Protector – Find the briefcase and hold it for as long as possible, while fending off the opposition. The player who has it will become a moving target, so teams must work together effectively.
- Collar War – Collect the battle data “collars” of downed enemy players, and pick up allies’ collars to prevent the enemy team from getting points.
Umbrella Corps will be playable for the first time in Europe this coming weekend (March 5th – 6th) at the PC Gamer Weekender, London. For tickets and information about that event visit the PC Gamer Weekender website.
The game has been created using the Unity engine developed by Unity Technologies. Umbrella Corps will be available digitally for a cost of £24.99 on PS4 and PC in May 2016.
Check out the new Umbrella Corps Multi-Mission Mode trailer below: