Glee has been pretty patchy over the course of its penultimate season but there have been plenty of glimmers of hope, especially now the show has permanently moved to New York (well for the second half of the season anyway).
One of the things the show got so right this year was introducing Adam Lambert into the fold as new character Elliott ‘Starchild’ Gilbert. Guest starring in 5 episodes, Starchild became part of Kurt (Chris Colfer) and Rachel’s (Lea Michele) band along with Santana (Naya Rivera) and Dani (Demi Lovato).
He stole many of the scenes he was in and his songs were some of the most memorable from the season. It’s rumoured that his appearance on episode 14 of the season, New New York, was his last but we think that’s a huge mistake.
We’ve put together our 5 reasons why Adam’s character needs to return to the show before it bows out at the end of season 6.
- Glee is well-known for its frenetic storylines which often pass by at lightening speed and rarely offer much resolution. Adam’s character’s last appearance wasn’t really a farewell and if he’s still in New York and in Kurt’s band then why isn’t he still in the show? Elliott needs a proper send-off or a proper role.
- Elliot’s musical numbers were some of the standouts from this season. Who can forget the performance of Lady Gaga’s Marry The Night? Not us. We need more of these spectacular moments and Adam’s voice is out of this world.
- He could easily fit in full-time with the rest of the main cast. We care more about Elliott and finding out more about his character that we do about Mercedes (Amber Riley) and Sam (Chord Overstreet) getting together or Artie (Kevin McHale) getting an STD. There’s so much more potential with Elliott.
- Adam is the only male on the show whose voice can compete with the powerhouse that is Lea Michele. They shared a couple of songs but we’d love to see more Elliot and Rachel duets.
- Elliott became a genuine friend to Kurt. Now Blaine (Darren Criss) is living in New York it seems that the writers have just abandoned Elliott. It was refreshing to have two gay male characters just being friends and supporting one another so we’re disappointed that now Elliott has become friendly with Blaine too that he’s just vanished.
Would you like to see Adam return as Elliott in the future? Leave your comments in the usual place and remind yourself of how good he is by watching his performance of Marry The Night: