Sebastian Stan is playing the Winter Soldier aka James Buchanan ‘Bucky’ Barnes in new Marvel sequel Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
The actor has been working his way up the Hollywood ladder since 2003 and the Winter Soldier is his most high profile role to date. He’s appeared in both TV and Film roles throughout his career so far.
As we prepare for Sebastian to shoot into the stratosphere when Captain America: The Winter Soldier opens, we’ve put together 10 things you might not know about him.
- Sebastian was born in Constanta, Romania on 13th August 1983.
- He lived with his mother in Vienne for four years from the age of 8 before moving to the United States at the age of 12 when she married the headmaster of a private academy in New York.
- Sebastian spent a year studying acting at Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre in London.
- His first acting role was on Law & Order in 2003 where he played Justin Capshaw.
- In 2006, Sebastian starred alongside fellow hotties Chace Crawford and Taylor Kitsch in teen thriller The Covenant.
- Do you remember Hayden Panettiere’s music video for her single Wake Up Call? Well Sebastian was the hottie in that video.
- He played rich bad boy Carter Baizen on Gossip Girl for 11 episodes from 2007 to 2010.
- Sebastian played Jefferson aka The Mad Hatter in ABC’s hit show Once Upon a Time for 6 episodes.
- In 2012, Sebastian joined the cast of mini-series Political Animals alongside Sigourney Weaver and James Wolk. He played T.J Hammond, the troubled gay son of Weaver’s character Elaine Barrish.
- Sebastian originally screen tested for the role of Captain America but was instead given the part of James Buchanan ‘Bucky’ Barnes.
Watch the trailer for Captain America: The Winter Soldier: