Touch & Learn, the development studio started by Hollywood Production Designer, James Lewis (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Band of Brothers, Love Actually, Exodus and many more), have announced the release of Fun Town. It’s a brand new edutainment app for 2 – 6 year old kids and their parents priced at £0.69 (no in app purchases) for iOS and Android touch devices.
In addition to being the Art Director of smash hit Hollywood movies, James Lewis has found time to design and release nine very special apps for his and everyone else’s kids! His latest offering Fun Town sees a beautifully animated town environment turned into a virtual children’s playground. Kids can interact with the townsfolk and vehicles, or visit the shops – each its own mini-game with 14 beautifully animated mini-games to discover in total. Learn how to grow your favorite flower in the florist, make a hamburger in the restaurant, sort the money in the bank, match the pairs of shoes in the shoe shop, fix the phone booth, build a bike, go shopping and much more.
[quote by=”James Lewis, CEO of Touch and Learn”]Our aim is for Fun Town to be fun and engaging but also educational. We think playing and having fun is the best way to learn about the world. Often there is a clear distinction between an educational app and a game. Our aim is to combine the best of both in a fresh and original way.[/quote]
Fun Town teaches kids about sorting, colour matching, number ordering, shape recognition, sequencing and problem solving. Each activity is designed to encourage experimentation and stimulate the imagination of children ages two and up.
Fun Town features:
- An Original Approach – the presentation of educational themes in a new and refreshing way.
- 14 Mini Games – Every shop and location in Main Street turns into a fun and educational mini game
- AAA Production Values – Fun Town features high quality animation, beautiful graphics, magical music and fun sound effects
- Simple Gameplay Mechanic – Designed specifically for children, Fun Town is entertaining, engaging, educational and frustration free for tiny fingers
- No In App Purchases or Advertising – Fun Town is a stand alone purchase with no nuisance ads interrupting gameplay
Fun Town will be available for all iOS and Android touch devices from November 27th at a cost of £0.69. EF will be bringing you a full review of the app once it’s available.