Earlier this week, developer Cogwheel Software and publisher Daedalic Entertainment announced their new sci-fi thriller Hidden Deep. The game is set in a vast suboceanic research and mining facility inhabited by alien creatures.
Players must lead a team of four researchers to a mysterious facility 1.6 km below the ocean floor. Your task is to find out what has happened to the station’s crew who have seemingly disappeared. Expect a dark sci-fi story inspired by 80s and 90s classics like Alien, The Thing and the first Half-Life game. Explore the depths using a variety of gadgets, shoot, blast or sneak your way through dangerous traps and alien lairs and try not to get eaten by the facility’s inhabitants (including your own crew members!).
Watch the first trailer for Hidden Deep below:
Hidden Deep core features:
- A mission-based single player experience where you control your team directly or by giving orders.
- Story mode with more than 50 narrative-driven, handcrafted levels paying homage to 80s and 90s sci-fi classics.
- Challenge mode with randomized levels for fast-paced, intense action.
- Exploration of suboceanic caves using grappling-hooks, scanners, drones, heavy machinery and more.
- Sneaky and deadly aliens, environmental traps and other hidden dangers to make your life miserable – and exciting.
Hidden Deep will be released on PC via Steam in 2021. From February 3rd to 9th, you can play a demo during the Steam Games Festival: February 2021.