Kalypso Media are famous for releasing amazing city building/management sims with a twist and Spacebace Startopia, developed by Realmforge Studios, is shaping up to be another great addition to their range. The game will be released on 26th March 2021 for Windows-PC/Linux/Mac, Xbox One consoles, Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation® 4|5. The game’s beta is currently available to all Steam and Kalyspo Store pre-purchasers, as well as Xbox players via Game Preview.
Spacebase Startopia sees you taking control of a doughnut-shaped space station which acts as a holiday resort of sorts for a diverse range of alien beings. Set over three unique decks you will need to equip your station to effectively cater to the needs of your extraterrestrial visitors.
Watch the Spacebase Startopia release date reveal trailer below:
In Spacebase Startopia, players will carve out their own little space in the universe, ready to become a galactic utopia, assuming your management skills are up to the task. With three different game modes and a vast amount of management decisions to be made under the watchful eye of the VAL, the station’s sardonic AI, there’s plenty of in-depth gameplay waiting for new and seasoned players alike. But beware of invading space pirates, who will do their best to ruin your carefully laid plans!
- Single-player campaign with 10 fully voiced missions
- Manage a melting pot of different lifeforms, each with their own individual – and sometimes contradictory – needs and desires
- Build a variety of rooms across three very different decks to cater to the needs of visiting aliens
- Explore the potential of your space base in a fully configurable sandbox mode
- Produce and trade resources to turn a profit while running sabotage missions against your competitors
- Work together or compete against rivals in competitive and a coop multiplayer for up to 4 players
Check out some screenshots in our gallery below: