Joe Begos’ blood-drenched, drug-fuelled horror Bliss is being released on Blu-ray by Eureka Entertainment on 10th February 2020.
The film will be available in two editions – a Standard Edition Blu-ray and Limited Edition Blu-ray. The Limited Edition Blu-ray is limited to 1,000 copies and features an O Card slipcase with silver laminate finish along with a collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Alexandra Heller-Nicholas; and an interview with writer/director Joe Begos.
Struggling through a seemingly endless creative rut, hard-partying and Los-Angeles-based artist Dezzy Donahue (Dora Madison, Friday Night Lights) can’t stop the resulting bad streak of problems, including unpaid rent and professional stagnation. In an effort to combat her tough luck, Dezzy throws caution to the wind, indulges in heavy drugs and rages her nights away. Her kinda/sorta boyfriend, Clive, is concerned while her debauchery-minded friend Courtney and her enigmatic hubby Ronnie keep feeding Dezzy’s darkest urges.
Gradually, though, the party starts to end, and in its place, Dezzy finds herself thirsting for blood and suffering from terrifying visions. Having never been one for moderation or self-control, she’s unable to resist her newfound dangerous impulses. And that’s very bad news for everyone in her life, all of whom are filled with the red liquid she now so desperately craves.
Special features on both editions are:
- 1080p presentation of the film on Blu-ray
- 5.1 DTS-HD MA and uncompressed LPCM 2.0 audio options
- Optional English subtitles
- Brand new audio commentary with film historians Kat Ellinger and Samm Deighan (Daughters of Darkness podcast)
- Audio commentary with director Joe Begos and actress Dora Madison
- Audio Commentary by director Joe Begos, producer Josh Ethier, and the Russell FX team
- Deleted Scene