Wargaming and Mad Head Games have announced that Pagan Online, their hack-and-slash action RPG, is set to exit Early Access and officially launch on August 27th, 2019.
The game will feature extensive updates and revamped systems based on player feedback gathered during Early Access. Pagan Online combines classic top-down action RPG gameplay with session-based PVE action, unique characters, and combat that aims to challenge even the most seasoned players. The launch version will cost £19.99.
Watch the Pagan Online – Early Access gameplay trailer below:
New content and changes coming to Pagan Online at launch include:
- Full story campaign – Featuring eight acts, new zones and maps, and two new bosses.
- Click-to-move controls and full controller support – Originally designed for WASD controls, the control scheme has been extended due to popular demand.
- Two new playable characters – Joining the battle and expanding the roster of heroes players can choose from are:
- Elden – A quick and nimble dual-wielding ice construct with high attack speed, capable of slowing and potentially freezing enemies with each slice.
- Hector – An agile scrapper who specializes in everything fire. His weapon of choice is a blunderbuss and he uses dirty tricks to set the battleground ablaze.
- Fabled Weapons – Some Legendary Weapons can be upgraded to Fabled quality by overcoming Pagan Online’s toughest battles.
- Schools of Magic – Ultra-rare gear sets that boost stats and provide awesome new looks.
- Revamped crafting and loot drop systems – Making drops more valuable, diverse, and immediately usable, while recipes become more rare and have a bigger impact.
- All-new skill trees – Letting players build and spec out unique heroes by improving, modifying, and unlocking new abilities.
- End-game content – Providing new types of challenges for players to experience while continually evolving favourite heroes.
View some screenshots from Pagan Online in our gallery:
“Since we began closed alpha testing 10 months ago, Pagan Online has been constantly evolving with the help of our players” said Uros Banjesevic, Chief Creative Officer of Mad Head Games. “During our 4 month run in Early Access we have implemented massive changes and amazing new features and mechanics to deliver the best possible 1.0 experience at full launch. It is going to be, literally, a different game.”
“While this is a premium title, it is also a service, and players can expect regular updates to the game both in content and gameplay,” said Jacob Beucler, Product Director at Wargaming. “We are committed to continue to iterate on our game. We are excited to not only end the Early Access journey, but also to begin building what comes next.”
Check out the official Pagan Online website for more information on the game.