Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus is refreshing in that it focusses on an often unexplored faction of the 40k universe, the Adeptus Mechanicus. The main game sees the Mechanicus battling it out against the Necron threat but Heretek brings the battles closer to home.
In Heretek, civil unrest is brewing within the ranks of the Mechanicus and the already fractious factions are splitting even further. With a brand new narrative written once again by Ben Counter, Heretek allows players to find out all about the dark underbelly of the Adeptus Mechanicus.
View the Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus – Heretek release trailer below:
Players will have to pit themselves against enemy tech-priests in Heretek, they have changed their beliefs and have forsaken the name of the Omnissiah.
Key features :
- New Discipline to utilise: Unlock the Xenarite. A discipline that is specialised in using xenotech, a largely forbidden practice for those that follow the Omnissiah! Plus all new augments for you to customise the appearance of your Tech-Priest.
- 5 new missions: Experience five new missions based in the Ark Mechanicus, each with a new delivery system for narrative. The choices you make will impact the battle for that mission.
- New weapons to discover: Xeno-altered weapons open up devastating possibilities, coupled with support tech that opens up new playstyles.
- Two new Troops to command: Sicarian Infiltrators and Ruststalkers are now available to unlock. Pass through Necron and Heretek limbs alike with the Transonic Blades of the Ruststalker or take the stealthy route with the Infiltrators and spring an unexpected ambush.
- New but familiar enemies to face: Face your fellow brother Tech-Priests in an internal conflict over Necron xenotech while also holding back the wakening of the Necrons.
- New mission environment: Experience combat inside an Ark Mechanicus for the first time in Warhammer 40,000 history.
The Heretek expansion is available now on Steam.
View some Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus – Heretek screenshots in our gallery below: