Cities: Skylines has been out for 4 years now and produced some very impressive statistics. Building upon the classic Sim City, Cities: Skylines has certainly taken the crown as the best city building/management sim out there.
You can view the original Cities: Skylines release trailer below:
Now for the stuff that Paradox Interactive and Colossal Order are really proud of, the impressive numbers!:
• Total playtime: 16,938,045 days
• Total population: 2,185,317,000,000 (Holy reproduction, mayors – that’s over two trillion people! Earth, on the other hand, has a measly eight billion at best.)
• Cities built: 39,733,045
• Unpopular mayors: 1,911,067
• Paradox Plazas built: 7,007,128
• Most popular building: Wind turbine
• Mods created by the community: 175,970
“When we first launched Cities: Skylines, we knew it was special, but we never dreamed how far players would take it,” said Sandra Neudinger, Cities: Skylines Product Manager at Paradox Interactive. “The community is the heart and soul of the game – we’re just here to give them the tools they want and need to make it their own,” added Mariina Hallikainen, CEO of Colossal Order.
There are plans to celebrate this fourth anniversary with some special events which you can stay up to date with at https://www.paradoxplaza.com/cities-skylines.