The celebrities for this year’s Strictly Come Dancing Christmas Special have already been announced and today details of the pairings have been confirmed.
Anita Rani, Ann Widdecombe, Caroline Flack, Aston Merrygold, Jake Wood and Michael Vaughan will be donning their sequinned outfits once again as they head back to the ballroom. The professional dancers for the special are Neil Jones, Anton Du Beke, Gorka Marquez, Janette Manrara, Luba Mushtuk and Nadiya Bychkova.
The pairings are:
- Anita Rani will be paired with Neil Jones
- Ann Widdecombe will be paired with Anton Du Beke
- Caroline Flack will be paired with Gorka Marquez
- Aston Merrygold will be paired with Janette Manrara
- Jake Wood will be paired with Luba Mushtuk
- Michael Vaughan will be paired with Nadiya Bychkova
Strictly fans have been campaigning all year for Neil Jones, whose wife Katya is also a pro on the show, to get a partner and he’ll be dancing with TV presenter Anita Rani. Hopefully this will be a test run for next year’s series and he’ll get to take part in the full show.
New pro dancer Luba Mushtuk, who joined the show this year, will get her first celebrity partner in the shape of EastEnders star Jake Wood.
The highlight is sure to be Ann Widdecombe reuniting with Anton Du Beke. The pair are a favourite with Strictly viewers and it’ll be fantastic to see them dancing together again.
Strictly Come Dancing Christmas Special will air on BBC One on Christmas Day.