MotoGP 18 is now available in stores and digitally for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One for £49.99, Windows PC via Steam for £39.99 pounds, and will release on June 28th on Nintendo Switch at £49.99 pounds.
This year’s instalment is built on Unreal Engine for the first time and boasts enhanced graphics, reworked physics, a new compelling career mode and all the official content from the 2018 MotoGP season. Developers Milestone aim was to make MotoGP 18 the most immersive and realistic MotoGP experience ever.
Having played the game, we’d have to agree that this is the best game in the series for a long time. Read our MotoGP 18 review to see what we thought.
Watch the official MotoGP 18 launch trailer below:
Key features of MotoGP 18 include:
- The official 2018 MotoGP season, with all the riders and all the 19 official tracks, including the new Buriram International Circuit in Thailand;
- Faithful reproduction of riders, tracks and bikes, thanks to the Drone Scanning system, for a 1:1 recreation of all the track details, and the 3D scanning technology, to include real MotoGP riders’ faces in game for the first time ever in the series;
- Exclusive improved features to make the game experience as immersive as ever, such as new cut scenes, the spectator mode designed to follow other players with different cameras to enjoy the online matches and brand new interactive tutorials;
- Enhanced AI, Bike Physics and Collision System, with innovative riding aids to offer a more enjoyable simulation at every level;
- New scalable damage system and tire management system;
- A compelling career mode to climb the ladder from Red Bull MotoGP Rookies Cup to MotoGP class, including an innovative bike development setup, to significantly increase the bikes’ performance, as well as the MotoGP ID to keep track of such progress.
View some MotoGP 18 screenshots in our gallery:
This year also sees the launch of the new MotoGP eSport Championship with more challenges, more chances to win and an increased number of platforms available to compete on, making it sure to be a bigger and better show than ever before. This year the MotoGP eSport championship will be available on PS4, Xbox One and PC, giving more opportunities for gamers to become World Champion.
Kicking off on July 18th, the MotoGP eSport Championship will see 8 online challenges, with 2 Semi Final live Events and the Grand Final in November, live from Valencia. The live Semi Final 1 event will take place at the Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli on September 7th and will feature the fastest 12 gamers. On November, 2nd the live Semi Final 2 event will be held at the Movistar eSports Center in Madrid, where the quickest 12 from the final four challenges will compete for a place in the Final. The Grand Final will once again be hosted in Valencia during the MotoGP season finale on November 16th, with a BMW M240i Coupé up for grabs as the top prize for the Championship winner, with some additional exclusive experiences.
Check out the official MotoGP 18 website for more information.