EF is pleased to offer two pairs of tickets for this year’s K-Music Showcase 2018 featuring the award nominated Korean bands 3rd Line Butterfly, Gonne Choi and Billy Carter.
The showcase will be returning to Rich Mix (35-47 Bethnal Green Rd, London, E1 6LA) on Thursday 10th May, 2018.
The K-Music Showcase has introduced exciting Korean bands to London audiences since 2015. For one evening and fresh from appearances at Liverpool’s Sound City and before performing at Brighton’s The Great Escape, the three groups will entertain crowds at Shoreditch’s iconic Rich Mix venue.
This year’s performers bios are available below:
3rd Line Butterfly is a trio that sublimely soars with velvety sounds from the Korean underground scene. In 2000, they released their debut album Self-Titled Obsession, and in 2013 they released their 4th album Dreamtalk. Dreamtalk won numerous awards including Album of the Year, Modern Rock Album of the Year and Modern Rock Song of the Year at the Korean Music Awards and Discovery of the Year Award at Gaon Chart Music Awards. In 2017, 3rd Line Butterfly released their most recent album Divided by Zero, which received high praise from the Korean indie music scene.
Singer-songwriter Gonne Choi debuted in October 2010 with her first EP, 36.5 ° C. By 2011, Choi was selected as ‘Hello Rookie’ for the Korean TV show EBS Space Sympathy in which she gained awareness through her unique voice and guitar melodies. Her first album, I WAS, I AM, I WILL, was nominated for Musician of the Year, Folk Album of the Year and Folksong of the Year at the 2015 Korean Music awards. Choi has also performed at major music festivals in Korea and the UK including, Glastonbury Festival, Pentaport Rock Festival, Jisan Valley Rock Festival,Jarasum Jazz Festival and Seoul Jazz Festival.
Billy Carter started out as an acoustic project led by their vocalist Jiwon Kim and guitarist Jina Kim. Through their experience of busking in London, the duo expanded their musical genre to blues, combined with rockabilly, and country. The current form of three-piece rock band was settled when Hyunjoon Lee joined as a drummer in 2014. In 2015, Billy Carter was nominated for three 2015 Korean Music Awards: Rookie of the Year, Best Rock Music of the Year, and Best Rock Album of the Year for their untitled EP called ‘The Red’ and in 2016 released their first full length album, Here I Am, which was also nominated at the Korean Music Awards.
For your chance to get your hands on the tickets, enter below…
The competition closes at 09.00 (GMT) on Tuesday 8th May 2018
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The competition is open to all UK residents over the age of 18.
- Winners will be selected at random.
- By entering into the competition all entrants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.
- Entertainment Focus does not allow collective or proxy entries.
- Entertainment Focus reserves the right to change or withdraw this competition without notice.
- Entertainment Focus will not pass your details to any third parties and they will be used solely for communication regarding this competition.
- Winners will be notified via Twitter/Email.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable.
- No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Entertainment Focus’ decision is final – no correspondence will be entered into.
- NO TRAVEL, ACCOMMODATION OR EXPENSES ARE COVERED. It is the responsibility of the competition winners to make their own way to and from the venue.
- Prize is for 2 tickets per winner to the live show only.
- Winners will be notified via email after 10am on 8th May 2018. Please be sure you can attend the event on Thursday 10th May and confirm within one hour of being notified of the win. If we do not get your confirmation back, the prize gets awarded to the next winner, drawn at random.