Acclaimed film director Jérôme Salle brings the story of one of the world’s greatest explorers into homes this December with the release of the stunning film The Odyssey – out now on Blu-ray, DVD and Digital Download.
The Odyssey tells the story of thirty years in the life of captain Jacques-Yves Cousteau (played by Lambert Wilson), the famous researcher, scientist, inventor and filmmaker whose greatest achievement is to have made the general public more curious about the sea.
The Odyssey chronicles a large segment of Cousteau’s life starting with the birth and ending with the death of his son, Philippe, played by Pierre Niney (Yves Saint Laurent).
BAFTA nominated Audrey Tautou (Amelie) portrays Simone – Cousteau’s ever supporting first wife who remains by his side during his quests across the ocean. As well as recreating some of Cousteau’s finest adventures and charting him from his buccaneering prime in the Fifties and Sixties to his later years as a converted conservationist, the film also explores the real man behind the icon, whose personal life also caused waves.
Shot on a global scale with scenes filmed in the frozen wastes of Antarctica, with sharks in the Bahamas and in Croatia, Sao Paulo and South Africa, viewers will revel in The Odyssey ’s stunning underwater sequences.
Fascinating, visually beautiful and relevant, The Odyssey is a must-watch for all fans of French cinema and sweeping biopics, and is available on BD, DVD and Digital Download now.
To celebrate the release we are giving away 3 copies of the film on DVD.
This is a social media competition that requires a Twitter account.
To enter you need to Follow @EntFocusFilm on Twitter and RT (ReTweet) any of our tweets that mention this competition.
Entertainment Focus will be tweeting about the competition via our @EntFocusFilm account. So look out for our tweets and the more you RT the better your chances.
Here’s our first tweet to get you started:
— EF Film (@entfocusfilm) December 14, 2017
The competition closes at 23.59 (GMT) on Thursday 21st December 2017.
- The competition is open to all UK residents over the age of 15.
- Winners will be selected at random.
- By entering into the competition all entrants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.
- Entertainment Focus does not allow collective or proxy entries.
- Entertainment Focus reserves the right to change or withdraw this competition without notice.
- Entertainment Focus will not pass your details to any third parties and they will be used solely for communication regarding this competition.
- Winners will be notified via Twitter/Email and prizes must be claimed within 5 working days.
- In the unlikely event the prize style has discontinued a similar model to the same value will be provided.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Entertainment Focus’ decision is final – no correspondence will be entered into.