Eureka Entertainment to release The Vikings, Richard Fleischer’s rip-roaring action adventure packed with stunning visuals, brutal action and a star-studded cast, as part of the Eureka Classics range on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK on 16 October 2017.
One of the most spectacular and action packed epics of the fifties, Richard Fleischer’s The Vikings wowed audiences worldwide with its stunning visuals, brutal action and star studded cast.
Prince Einar (Kirk Douglas, Paths of Glory, Ace in the Hole) is the son and heir of a savage Viking chieftain (Ernest Borgnine, Violent Saturday, The Wild Bunch). Prince Eric (Tony Curtis, Some Like it Hot) is his unknowing half-brother, the bastard offspring of Einar’s father and an English queen. When the Vikings kidnap the princess Morgana (Janet Leigh, Psycho), her beauty inflames the desires of both men, forcing a bloody duel that decides their fate… and the future of the English throne.
Filmed in vivid Technicolor by the legendary Jack Cardiff (The Red Shoes, Black Narcissus) and narrated by Orson Welles, The Vikings spawned a whole sub-genre of imitators, (Mario Bava alone helmed Erik The Conqueror, The Last of the Vikings and Knives of the Avenger in the years following the film’s release) but none quite topped the glorious spectacle from one of America’s greatest directors of genre cinema, Richard Fleischer. Eureka Classics is proud to present the film for the first time on Blu-ray in the UK.
The Vikings, Richard Fleischer’s rip-roaring action adventure packed with stunning visuals, brutal action and a star-studded cast, is AVAILABLE NOW as part of the Eureka Classics range on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK, and can be purchased here http://amzn.to/2yM1p3b
To celebrate the release of The Vikings, we’ve got 3 copies on Blu-ray to give away. All you need to do to be in with a chance of winning is answer one simple question below:
The competition closes at 23.59 (GMT) on Sunday 29th October 2017.
- The competition is open to all UK residents over the age of 13.
- Winners will be selected at random.
- By entering into the competition all entrants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.
- Entertainment Focus does not allow collective or proxy entries.
- Entertainment Focus reserves the right to change or withdraw this competition without notice.
- Entertainment Focus will not pass your details to any third parties and they will be used solely for communication regarding this competition.
- Winners will be notified via email and prizes must be claimed within 5 working days.
- In the unlikely event the prize style has discontinued a similar model to the same value will be provided.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Entertainment Focus’ decision is final – no correspondence will be entered into.