Eureka Entertainment to release The Saga of Anatahan, Josef von Sternberg’s vulnerable tale of human trauma, survival and redemption, for the first time on home video in the UK on Blu-ray as part of The Masters of Cinema Series in a Dual Format (Blu-ray & DVD) edition on 14 August 2017.
Josef von Sternberg – the innovative director with an unmatched eye for detail and a reputation for his intensity – brings to life this vulnerable tale of human trauma, survival and redemption.
Set during the dying stages of World War II, The Saga of Anatahan tells the story of twelve Japanese seaman stranded on a forgotten island for seven years. Accompanied only by Keiko (Akemi Negishi), a young Japanese woman, all rationality and discipline are soon overcome by a struggle for power and control over Keiko’s affections.
Narrated by Sternberg himself, the director positions himself as the story’s unconscious viewpoint amidst his other trademark qualities: lush mise-en-scene, theatrical lighting and bleak yet poignant storytelling. The Masters of Cinema Series is proud to present the film on Blu-Ray for the first time on home video in the UK in a special Dual Format edition.
The Saga of Anatahan, Josef von Sternberg’s vulnerable tale of human trauma, survival and redemption, is available for the first time on home video in the UK on Blu-ray as part of The Masters of Cinema Series in a Dual Format (Blu-ray & DVD) edition from 14 August 2017, and can be purchased here http://amzn.to/2u0DxJg
To celebrate the release of The Saga of Anatahan we’ve got 3 copies to give away to our readers. All you need to do to be in with a chance of winning is answer one simple question below:
The competition closes at 23.59 (GMT) on Sunday 27th August 2017.
Terms & conditions
- The competition is open to all UK residents over the age of 15
- Winners will be selected at random.
- By entering into the competition all entrants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.
- All information provided by the entrant must be accurate and proof of age may be requested.
- Entertainment Focus does not allow collective or proxy entries.
- Entertainment Focus reserves the right to change or withdraw this competition without notice.
- Entertainment Focus will not pass your details to any third parties and will be used solely for communication regarding this competition.
- Winners will be notified via email or phone (or where applicable) social media (depending on the type of competition) and prizes must be claimed within 5 working days.
- In the unlikely event the prize style has discontinued a similar model to the same value will be provided.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Entertainment Focus’ decision is final – no correspondence will be entered into.