On 11 November 2016, the hotly anticipated annual compilation ‘BBC Radio 1’s Live Lounge 2016’ will be released, celebrating the finest of the past year’s Radio 1 Live Lounge sessions. This is the 11th collection in the incredibly popular compilation series that has already sold 4.4 million units to date.
Radio 1’s Live Lounge is known for attracting some of the biggest and best new artists in the world, with this album showcasing the biggest hits of the past year through brilliantly unique cover versions or creative reworking’s of artists’ own tracks. Radio 1’s Live Lounge delivers a plethora of incredible performances throughout the year and the tradition of quality continues with ‘BBC Radio 1’s Live Lounge 2016’, featuring tracks from Biffy Clyro, Jack Garratt, Fifth Harmony, Bastille, One Direction and more.
Live Lounge 2016 includes first appearances from this year’s breakthrough artists Lukas Graham, Blossoms and Shawn Mendes, alongside Live Lounge returning artists Coldplay, James Bay, Usher and Olly Murs. Many of the year’s smash hits are given a new slant, The 1975 taking on Justin Bieber’s ‘Sorry’, Gorgon City taking on the track of the year, Drake’s ‘One Dance’, Nick Jonas making ‘Lush Life’ his own and of course Craig David’s amazing interpretation of Justin Bieber’s ‘Love Yourself’.
Clara Amfo says: “We’ve had so many great artists in the Live Lounge over the last year. It remains genuinely exciting to see what tracks they’re going to take on and the results are always truly memorable.”
Radio 1’s Live Lounge attracts the best acts in the world and is hosted by Clara Amfo. The bands and artists perform their own track, and a cover version. The tracks are live, showing the true quality of the musicianship and craft of the song. September saw the return of the hugely successful ‘Live Lounge Month’ – when 25 of the biggest and newest acts from the UK and beyond performed in Radio 1’s Live. This is the ONLY place to get all these unique tracks on one album.
‘BBC Radio 1’s Live Lounge 2016’ is released 11 November 2016. Pre-order it now
To celebrate we have 3 copies to give away to our readers. All you need to do to be in with a chance of winning is answer one simple question below:
The competition closes at 23.59 (GMT) on Sunday 13th November 2016.
Terms & conditions
- The competition is open to all UK residents over the age of 13
- Winners will be selected at random.
- By entering into the competition all entrants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.
- All information provided by the entrant must be accurate and proof of age may be requested.
- Entertainment Focus does not allow collective or proxy entries.
- Entertainment Focus reserves the right to change or withdraw this competition without notice.
- Entertainment Focus will not pass your details to any third parties and will be used solely for communication regarding this competition.
- Winners will be notified via email or phone (or where applicable) social media (depending on the type of competition) and prizes must be claimed within 5 working days.
- In the unlikely event the prize style has discontinued a similar model to the same value will be provided.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Entertainment Focus’ decision is final – no correspondence will be entered into.