Jake Owen will release his new album American Love on 29th July 2016 via Sony Music it has been announced.
“This record has been very enlightening because I found myself through the songs. I got back to basics with American Love,” he says of the project “This is me, this is what I want to say and this is what I want people to remember me for.”
Working with producers and songwriters Shane McAnally and Ross Copperman for eight of the album’s eleven songs, Owen has co-produced the remaining three tracks with Lukas Bracewell. Chris Stapleton and Hillary Lindsey provide background vocals on the record.
American Love’s lead single is American Country Love Song, which has so far climbed to number 15 on Billboard & Country Aircheck with sales of over 127,000. The track has been streamed on Spotify nearly 6 million times.
Owen’s new album is a new beginning for the Country star. “Over the past few years I’ve experienced the unexpected,” he says. “My Dad received a cancer diagnosis and I, unfortunately, went through a divorce. People probably thought I would record songs that reflected those difficult times, but I found myself gravitating to songs that had more of a positive vibe and actually made me feel better by singing them. Music truly does seem to help the healing process.”
The track listing for American Love is:
1. American Love (Jaren Johnston/Luke Laird)
2. After Midnight (Rodney Dale Clawson/Matt Dragstrem/Shane McAnally)
3. Where I Am (Ross Copperman/Hillary Lindsey/Shane McAnally)
4. Everybody Dies Young (Ross Copperman/Shane McAnally/Josh Osborne/Scott Stepakoff)
5. VW Van (Paul Reter/Brent Stenzel)
6. Good Company (Matt Alderman/Tommy Cecil/Jared Mullins)
7. LAX (Nathan Chapman/Andrew Dorff/Jake Owen)
8. If He Ain’t Gonna Love You (Luke Laird/Shane McAnally/Chris Stapleton)
9. When You Love Someone (Blair Daly/Hillary Lindsey/Sean McConnell)
10. You Ain’t Going Nowhere (Ross Copperman/Dallas Davidson/Ashley Gorley)
11. American Country Love Song (Ross Copperman/Ashley Gorley/Jaren Johnston)